aussie carpers

cyborx

i gotta say lads, i am starting to admire you avid carpers down under. i have been perusing some of the other forums that have built up around the Australian fishing scene and as a UK carper i am appalled by the attitude to our target fish that can be gleaned by reading a few posts (other forums i stress).

i am beginning to understand the reason for the secrecy that the pro carpers surround themselves with.

for a country that was first colonized by a foreign species, almost eradicating the indigine's in the process it just seems like a hypocritical attitude to take. if it was the aborigine that was pushing for the eradication of the carp i could understand it,

i am not knocking you lads on this forum, far from it. i wish you all the best in your endeavors against the adversity of your own countryman in expanding the carp loving community down under.

tight lines, and may all your carp be rod benders :wink:

i gotta say lads, i am starting to admire you avid carpers down under. i have been perusing some of the other forums that have built up around the Australian fishing scene and as a UK carper i am appalled by the attitude to our target fish that can be gleaned by reading a few posts (other forums i stress).

i am beginning to understand the reason for the secrecy that the pro carpers surround themselves with.

for a country that was first colonized by a foreign species, almost eradicating the indigine's in the process it just seems like a hypocritical attitude to take. if it was the aborigine that was pushing for the eradication of the carp i could understand it,

i am not knocking you lads on this forum, far from it. i wish you all the best in your endeavors against the adversity of your own countryman in expanding the carp loving community down under.

tight lines, and may all your carp be rod benders :wink:

Here here !

Do your lot like otters ?

go day from wa

hi all

nice to see that i am  not the onlyone with the carp bug

tried most aus fishing from shore and boat but not my thing/so its back to carp fishing

did it for 25 years in uk so . How HARD can it be here /no gear/ thank s to the internet we get gear at a price

baits easy  

places to fish /yes some

pb common 38lb mirror 44 lb uk

pb common 30 lb mirror 48 lb france

aus common 3lb lots more to come i think

good fishing to you all

otters yes m8

a bad idear form the good idear club/gananetts anyone nice friendly sea birds

heres a good one loads farms going back to bush controled by nta/wla so they fill in the dams whitch the farm had for cattle /then complain all the amnials leave and die

returning the bush to bush, they can not see the threes /it was greener before

anyway lesss of that more fishing

went to look at a river yesterday lot like the seven /steep banks lots flood water but nice down stream lot less boats

can anyone rember how salt torant carp are i fished a lake at segkness that was just behind the seawall and that was saltie to tast and there was fish reported in tidle areas of the seven and thames