Good old Korda ......

newmarket

Morning fellas . I'm going to do something which i never ever do here but it's something that i'm very pleased to do and that is PRAISE KORDA :)

In all the years i've been fishing i've never so much as glimpsed at Korda's website but for some reason , yesterday , i did .

I found , under Rigz , a detailed , well explained description in language that even i can understand , with cracking photos , step by step guide to tying about 15 different rigz ( see what i did there :wink:).

Now i'm probably trying to preach to the converted here , but i think it really is amazing .

Anybody starting out in Carp fishing or ( like me ) who has trouble tying rigs for one reason or another could do a lot worse than bookmark that section on there pc / mobile .

I'm convinced that the Korda website is the first stop for most youngsters and carping newbies so im probably teaching you all to suck eggs here but i am really impressed and i , for one , will be referring to it on a regular basis .

So WELL DONE KORDA :) :) :)

Bu the way , the free Crafty Carper App is very good for rig guides as well :wink:

I've never really got the whole anti Korda/Danny Fairbrass thing. I don't use lots of their products, but what I have used has been fine. I'm less taken with the 'K' on everything marketing ploy but that's just an aesthetic thing on my part. As for the man himself, good on him really, he's popularized fishing and got lots of people involved who may not have done so without his chutzpah. I agree with Newmarket on the website, it's a great resource and doesn't depend on buying Korda stuff, if more manafacturers behaved like that we might see fewer kids on the bank casting in killer rigs. Good shout NM :wink:

I'm not a fan at all but , credit where its due , DF has built that company up from making his own leads & flogging em from his van to what it is today .

His products on the other hand , i feel , leave a lot to be desired .

I have felt let down by the quality of some of the Korda tackle in the past so i tend to avoid now since there are better products on the market that are cheaper .

Having said that , i use his stow indicators and his Krusher , both wonderful items .

I love the rigz section of the K website . Its clear concise and easy to understand and i can use it to utilise my Gardner , Esp , fox and other numerous hooks and terminal tackle . :)

I use some Korda gear, in particular n-trap coated braid (which I love) and I do posses a Krusher (although I haven't used it yet). I tried some of their dark matter rig putty but didn't find it as good as Heavy Metal so won't use it again.

The only problem I have is whenever I think of Korda I tend to think "Chav".

Like what? :confused:

Their end tackle is priced comparably with all other manufacturers (You can get cheaper, but you can also get dearer).

That is very true mate but i should have been a bit clearer in that i was talking about the TT that i use myself .

I can and do shop about & get it cheaper but good as their Stow indicators are , nearly £12 for a night light thingy ( forget what they're called ) is really taking liberties .

After paying £20 for the bobbins you would think they'd look after their " loyal" customers a bit better .

Anyway the point IS the rigz section on their site is triffic :)

That is very true mate but i should have been a bit clearer in that i was talking about the TT that i use myself .

I can and do shop about & get it cheaper but good as their Stow indicators are , nearly £12 for a night light thingy ( forget what they're called ) is really taking liberties .

After paying £20 for the bobbins you would think they'd look after their " loyal" customers a bit better .

Anyway the point IS the rigz section on their site is triffic :)

Hardly loyal you even said your self you only own a set of stows

If you purchase an item from ANY company then the accessories to go with it should be at a reasonable .

Other companies manage to keep the price of their isotopes :) reasonable so K should be able to .

And a loyal customer is somebody who goes back buying stuff time and time again.

Im sure Kordas regular customers use stows as well as their leAd clips and hooks so im sure they think their isotopes are pricey .

I wasnt talking about myself .

And i also own a crusher ....

Correct, they (Daiwa) stuck £50 on the rod price. Nothing to do with Danny Fairbrass (Unless you believe that Danny Fairbrass sets Daiwa prices :wink: ) or Korda, therefore it isn't a reason that can be used to 'bash Danny Fairbrass'. 

An excuse maybe; but only to try and justify the undeserved abuse that is levied in the first place.

I had the originals, brilliant rods, I do not have the ones with DF on, they were fantastic rods in my opinion well underpriced, but they never found popularity with the carp community, so if you are left with thousands of unsaleable blanks, what do you do, crush them or stick DF on them and raise the price whilst giving him a healthy fee to endorse them, you would never prove it in court,but I leave you to draw your own conclusions. I have no axe to grind with DF , JS or anybody else, frankly I couldn't care less, but its as you were saying about the saltwater tackle, stick a stupid logo on anything and double the price and the gullable will buy it.

Ok CM very well put mate and i see where your coming from .

HOWEVER ( theres always a however :)) if the Longbows were underpriced before then DF's endorsement makes the price about right then eh ? :wink:

Clever Daiwa rather than gobbling DF :)

Gobbling up the cash that is . :) :)

Edited by newmarket

I think a lot of it is due to how most of their "tips" are just product placement. I also think a lot of their products are overpriced, their hooks aren't sharp (I also don't like the beaked points) and some of their products are promoted as "safe" when I don't believe they are.

I don't hate Korda, I actually use and rate a number of their products and I appreciate their attempts to educate young anglers.

Thats a good shout Will .

As Nick ( salok) always says , there is a certain amount of confusion as to what is meant by Safe Zone on some of their products .

It refers to creating an area around the hookbsit that the fish find "safe" to feed in .

Though of course you knew that :wink: