Whole Egg Powder

I think it's cheaper. I can't see the bait makers cracking eggs into the mix by the hundred. A quick calc says it's about half the cost.

Not when you have a garden full of chickens it aint :)

• 3 months later...

I think it's cheaper. I can't see the bait makers cracking eggs into the mix by the hundred. A quick calc says it's about half the cost.

i know for a fact premier baits use nothing but fresh eggs. i was there once just after they took delivery of 2 pallets of eggs and they were over 6ft tall. something like 10,000 eggs or something silly like that, all needing to be cracked by hand :wink: . some firms use buckets of broken eggs etc. for me using whole egg powder may give you a slight edge as most baits are made using liquid egg, be they fresh, broken etc

I know of a couple of bait companies who threw whole eggs into a concrete mixer and giving them a whizz before adding basemix. A nice mix of egg liquid and shell all adding to the baits effectiveness (or not).

I also know of a few who added egg powder and water.

The choice is yours, but personally I do like the real deal.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...