How to use Sweetcorn as effective bait?

The night before I'll put some in a jar or zip-loc with a little coconut extract or licorice extract or 5 Spice powder and some red food colouring to make it stand out from my groundbait. Tip gratefully passed on from Mick_fisher.

Never found the need, nor a reason to flavor sweetcorn.

Yeah i find it excellent as it is . The only time i found the need to try a variation was a few years ago when i had a good season targetting the tincas with the strawberry corn/maize .

Of course it works as is straight out of the can, but I'll still try adding flavours. I've caught carp on foam earplugs but still waste time and money fishing with boilies. I like to have several baits and methods available, working on the theory that I'm better prepared with more options. That jar of 5 Spice Powder stays in my rucksack. :lol:

Large amounts of sweetcorn, straight out the tin or the bag has always worked for me, although I gave up with tipping with plastic, and now tip with a piece of cork, or a cut down yellow pop-up instead.

I have tried flavouring and colouring sweetcorn, and not found it any better than the plain stuff, maybe cos the waters haven't been over pressured, or maybe other baits were used before it blew, but then again, change the amount you fish and the carp are seeing something different.

It is an excellent bait when used with Vitalin as groundbait.

If it's a dry flavoring/attractant drain off like half the liquid then add it. If it's liquid flavoring/attractant drain off most of the liquid. BTW some tank test have shown carp prefer pink and orange to most any color. A friend of mine uses shoepeg white corn flavored with R&W Red Peach and tears up the waters. The corn turns a nice pink color.