good carp lakes to visit with a camper van

Although there are plenty of site for camping and fishing, cheek that you can use the van next to the pool, most sites in the UK wont allow vans or tents around the pool as the insurance is too much , they get away with it by allowing bivvies.
Dog lane is one, he has a separate camp site for tents, vans and caravans, if you want to stop next to the pool it has to be a bivvy.
I get away with a one man tent from ASDA, it fits under my umbrella, I will get a bivvy soon, save any moaning, Argos do one for 40 quid

Dog lane is one, he has a separate camp site for tents, vans and caravans, if you want to stop next to the pool it has to be a bivvy.

dog lane is good but as carpbell said above,( did the owner ever do anything about improving his coarse pool??) if you want to park reasonably close to your peg try bishops bowl nr bishops ichington. only £20 for 24 hrs and its a large complex too :P

theres also kingsbury water park but again prob not much parking by your peg :roll:

dog lane is good but as carpbell said above,( did the owner ever do anything about improving his coarse pool??) if you want to park reasonably close to your peg try bishops bowl nr bishops ichington. only £20 for 24 hrs and its a large complex too :P

theres also kingsbury water park but again prob not much parking by your peg :roll:

When I went up last year, the coarse pool was packed the stock levels are on the high side of well stocked, he has two or three paddle airators on each pool, the specimen pool I found to be a real gem, not many fish out, but it was baking hot, no one was catching, apart from me. I had either a sturgeon or catfish on through the night, never had a take like that before, needles to say, it done me over. Had a lovely ghost carp out on a real hot afternoon. I like Dog lane because Eddie lets dogs on site. I made a rod for my own back taking the dog up to Kingsbury, now when he sees me getting ready to go out fishing, he is packed and waiting by the door.

Edited by Carpbell

• 6 years later...