View from your bivvy door.

She Caught a few little roach this evening I spent a lot of time dealing with tangles, when you've been carping for years you forget how weak a 2lb bottom is 😁 also really fiddly innit,

getting her a whip next she was doing OK at casting but I think the whip is the way for now, also I wont bother taking a chair I didn't get to sit down once 😂

Sadly no fish for me and in hindsight I should’ve moved down the other end of the dock when the wind shifted but gave it another hour in the swim I was in, the swim had done 2 fish two days ago and looked good with a light breeze blowing into it, when I decided to have a proper look down the other end 2 lads were setting up so it was a no no…. And to cap it off when I packed up and rode past they were about to take pics of a carp… lesson learnt 🙄

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

She Caught a few little roach this evening I spent a lot of time dealing with tangles, when you've been carping for years you forget how weak a 2lb bottom is 😁 also really fiddly innit,

getting her a whip next she was doing OK at casting but I think the whip is the way for now, also I wont bother taking a chair I didn't get to sit down once 😂

Sounds very familiar Elmo 😊

Oh yes mate the whip is most definitely the way to go .

My Arthritic digits really appreciated his ready made rigs . Seriously .

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up this morning on my new target for the year to find the carp fairy had visited in the night, I found a deeper and a spod bobbing about in the margins… 

the lad opposite had cast out both and snapped the braid! Both were returned to their rightful owner after his mate came round to collect them. 🙄

32 minutes ago, Highy said:

Got to Park Lake at 5am this morning....set everything up and had to nip off to a footy game with little en at 9am, kick-off was at 11am in Manchester....mate watched all mi gear while he was fishing too.

Got back about 5pm....all set for night now, had a takeaway, mate has lost 2 fish already.

Screenshot_20220618-210420_Gallery.thumb.jpg.10d24596fa0825d4a2692c03ef33e67d.jpg

Screenshot_20220618-210437_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f7ace07af6e0f42ebc4a623e090f5003.jpg

Screenshot_20220618-210448_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3f3e34916c9bf27fd8e036645fef768b.jpg

Good luck mate 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Got to Park Lake at 5am this morning....set everything up and had to nip off to a footy game with little en at 9am, kick-off was at 11am in Manchester....mate watched all mi gear while he was fishing too.

Got back about 5pm....all set for night now, had a takeaway, mate has lost 2 fish already.

Screenshot_20220618-210420_Gallery.thumb.jpg.10d24596fa0825d4a2692c03ef33e67d.jpg

Screenshot_20220618-210437_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f7ace07af6e0f42ebc4a623e090f5003.jpg

Screenshot_20220618-210448_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3f3e34916c9bf27fd8e036645fef768b.jpg

Best of luck Highy 👍

On 18/06/2022 at 21:07, Highy said:

Been given the go ahead for a day session Saturday....Do I go back to the Park Lake, or do i go to my club water 🤔🤔

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crusian said:

Hi Ouch 

My memory is shot , please remind me why it’s called “ Zombie Sheep Lake “ ? .

😃

On the first night I ever fished it, never seen the place before, just took a punt on the ticket as it was cheap, £40 a year. it was a wild and windy night and I really wasn’t feeling it, the place was full of sheep, being located slap bang in the middle of a sheep farm. As it was getting dark, I saw a white mass floating in and coming to rest under the rod tips, sticking a torch on it, I saw it was a dead sheep! I retired to my carp cot in disgust, at dawn I was going home! Next morning I woke up and remembered the dead sheep, rolled over to face the lake and as I opened my eyes, there was a loud “baaaaa!” and there was a sheep staring at me through the bivvy door. I nearly jumped through the roof. The dead sheep had gone so I naturally assumed the sheep in the bivvy door must have been a zombie sheep come back from the dead… 

I didn’t return for 8 months then fell in love with the place, I call it that as it’s a small venue which is ignored by the majority, so I don’t reveal the realimage.gif.05ebbf7fa7bc927372629889ed7927ff.gif name of the place so it’s called zombie sheep lake! 

image.gif

image.gif

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:
On the first night I ever fished it, never seen the place before, just took a punt on the ticket as it was cheap, £40 a year. it was a wild and windy night and I really wasn’t feeling it, the place was full of sheep, being located slap bang in the middle of a sheep farm. As it was getting dark, I saw a white mass floating in and coming to rest under the rod tips, sticking a torch on it, I saw it was a dead sheep! I retired to my carp cot in disgust, at dawn I was going home! Next morning I woke up and remembered the dead sheep, rolled over to face the lake and as I opened my eyes, there was a loud “baaaaa!” and there was a sheep staring at me through the bivvy door. I nearly jumped through the roof. The dead sheep had gone so I naturally assumed the sheep in the bivvy door must have been a zombie sheep come back from the dead… 

I didn’t return for 8 months then fell in love with the place, I call it that as it’s a small venue which is ignored by the majority, so I don’t reveal the realimage.gif.05ebbf7fa7bc927372629889ed7927ff.gif name of the place so it’s called zombie sheep lake! 

image.gif

image.gif

Brilliant ! .

😂