View from your bivvy door.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That looks a lovely place Kev 👍

Hands down the most at peace I have ever felt at fishing - its like a nature reserve, natural swims - very well spaced - features galore.

Gonna enjoy this years fishing for sure!  I needed this after fishing busy syndicates and day tickets for years - give me space to enjoy - bliss!!!

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Hands down the most at peace I have ever felt at fishing - its like a nature reserve, natural swims - very well spaced - features galore.

Gonna enjoy this years fishing for sure!  I needed this after fishing busy syndicates and day tickets for years - give me space to enjoy - bliss!!!

Sounds like heaven, don't rush to complete it take your time, I've been feeling a bit cramped this year so far always seems busy and I wouldn't have got in the swim I did this weekend if I hadn't finished work early, I never felt that way there before, I've also been looking for something quieter recently, they seem to come with a lot bigger challenges and unknown factors  though, I'm hoping the weed grows soon so it puts people off 🤞

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Sounds like heaven, don't rush to complete it take your time, I've been feeling a bit cramped this year so far always seems busy and I wouldn't have got in the swim I did this weekend if I hadn't finished work early, I never felt that way there before, I've also been looking for something quieter recently, they seem to come with a lot bigger challenges and unknown factors  though, I'm hoping the weed grows soon so it puts people off 🤞

Yes mate this is a bigger challenge in many respects and no fence to protect from unknown factors so stocks is a bit unknown.  Thought to be around 30 originals left but nearly all we have seen so far have been small stockies.

I will be going more often and for longer sessions simply because I like being there, whereas on busy lakes I can only stand it for a night or two at a push.

13 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Well the exclusive lake we had booked at woolpack ,has started spawning 🙈. As we were here, we ended up on one of the syndicate lakes instead of a refund,  so only just got the rods out & sorted. 🤞

20220523_173524.thumb.jpg.532e9dec4880219383e6d30ad5ffcac8.jpg

The other main lake on my complex started yesterday too must be something in the air, not sure I will be able to get out this week, kids have got a busy week after school and it would appear I need brownie points, I've been trying to get a night fishing this weekend and seem to be halted at every turn(I will keep trying though) 😳

Good luck though having watched all the Jim shelley vids, all the lakes seem to have some nice ones to go at, 

3 hours ago, yonny said:

Could be worse fella!

There's some incredible carp in those waters. Good luck.

That's what we thought mate when the offer was made .  Managed 3 bites so far , 1 lost & 2 Tench . Leaning towards the lost fish being a Tench too . All 3 very similar bites"drop backs"

Nige has had 2 stockies & mick 1 stockie all low doubles.  Think we've had 7 bites between us . Just need what's on the end to change 🤞

I had similar turned up sunday to a few left on the lake come monday just me and one other on there, then some chubby bloke came round and asked me why i was fishing they closed the lake, i was like eh? yeah just seen a few spawning he said, so sent a message and they closed the lake, to be fair both me and the other guy on the lake hadn't seen any spawning, they let me jump on the big lake for the night as it was tea time and a bit late to be packing up and heading home, chubby guy must think i get up and constantly monitor facebook, thought he was a bailiff at first... still no spawning when i left. 

rod n dog shot, that's what fred thinks of the last two days

20220523_202450.jpg

On 15/05/2022 at 20:48, kevtaylor said:

I'm happy for you , Kev , and jealous as hell ! .

At least I , and other forum members will be able to drool over your 'photos .

😃