View from your bivvy door.

On 09/01/2022 at 13:55, crusian said:

Well I can understand why Sky would be happy with minus 2 , but I guess your ancestors came from Siberia , Nick ?ย ๐Ÿ˜.

Realistically would you expect the carp to feed on your bait , or be snuggled up in the weed where they've got security , warmth and food ? .

Still , as you say it's your happy place , so does it really matter if you catch or not ? .

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

Strangely enough, my ancestors come from a town on the Ukrainian Romania border called Reni when it was under the Russian Tsarist Empire.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Same as me mate, a common came out at 37lb over the winter and a mirror at 34lb, there crazy weights for a lake up my neck of the woods. Membership closed on April 4th because of an influx of new applications. I was nervous at first because of the extra competition but it soon disappeared when I realised not everyoneโ€™s willing to pack up five times a day and move on to showing fishย ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by Its-grim-up-north

26 minutes ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

Same as me mate, a common came out at 37lb over the winter and a mirror at 34lb, there crazy weights for a lake up my neck of the woods. Membership closed on April 4th because of an influx of new applications. I was nervous at first because of the extra competition but it soon disappeared when I realised not everyoneโ€™s willing to pack up five times a day and move on to showing fishย ๐Ÿ˜‰

That's it mate just means you have to work that bit harder, just need to find some new angles and areas to work that get largely ignored, can't wait for the weed to come back to be honest, from someone that had never fished in heavy weed a few years ago, I love it now ๐Ÿ˜‚

12 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That's it mate just means you have to work that bit harder, just need to find some new angles and areas to work that get largely ignored, can't wait for the weed to come back to be honest, from someone that had never fished in heavy weed a few years ago, I love it now ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yeah weed scares a few off lol, I still get daunted my self when faced with a super weedy water. Iโ€™ve learned that a chod with some form of a drop and a thatโ€™ll do usually stands a descent chance a bite tho lol.

On 06/04/2022 at 13:27, salokcinnodrog said:

20220406_132318.jpg

Ooh that looks cold , Nick .

I guess there are no margin spots , nor visible areas to cast to ? .

A big water like yours is too much of a challenge for me , unless the Carp are going to jump out waving a flag saying " here I am , here I am " .

๐Ÿ˜

49 minutes ago, crusian said:

Ooh that looks cold , Nick .

I guess there are no margin spots , nor visible areas to cast to ? .

A big water like yours is too much of a challenge for me , unless the Carp are going to jump out waving a flag saying " here I am , here I am " .

๐Ÿ˜

The fish haven't moved into the margins yet, still a bit cold, so everything is going on any shows, which can be rare to see, or previous spots. Problem with that is that once an area either becomes pressured, or the natural food is gone, the fish can avoid the spot. They also don't seem to follow the rule book on wind direction.

ย 

I've waded out to past feeding holes, and the carp haven't fed on them for a couple of years. They have just filled up with soft silt again.

This week 4 of us saw fish in an area, so between us we 'bracketed' the area. Only 2 caught.

I know some members have gone over a year between captures, it is low stock in a large water. You can easily miss rolling or jumping fish, simply by not looking in the right direction. I heard fish in winter, but they were rolling in the dark, so pinpointing them is not easy. Winter captures are rare, equinox to equinox.

Bruce saw fish feeding in the margins last year, lowered a bait in and had 2 in a Night. Good angling!

32 minutes ago, crusian said:

So you're not an actual Tsar , Nick , just a Super Moderator ? .

๐Ÿ˜

Nowhere near Russian Royal family. Originally my Grandfather had a Germanic name which he anglicised on coming to the UK around 1905.

ย 

13 hours ago, crusian said:

Matching ecological Bobbins , B B ! .

๐Ÿ˜

ย 

On 09/04/2022 at 19:04, B B said:

Theirs always a way, iv had to adapt in the past as well ย ๐Ÿ™„โ€ฆ

ย 

4239EF12-915E-4894-B9A7-14395403BBB7.jpeg

ย 

5 hours ago, B B said:

One must tryโ€ฆ was thinking of upcycling them with a coat purple for Highy or leave them for the natural look for Blue ย ๐Ÿค”

Wonder if you could fit an isotope to them...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...