Handmade V Mass produced rods

trayner

Even the cheap rods made in China are mostly high quality these days. They will catch fish and you would never know the difference, but as mentioned it's all about aesthetics and how it makes you feel. I doubt another could tell the difference in a blind test. I've had high quality rods and cheap, now I'm with MID-PRICED Free-Spirt rods and love the action. Never had to cast them over 30 meters as all my fishing is close in, but I expect they would do that if required. My advice would be buy second hand quality if you can, but remember most people do sell their gear at some time? 

I will say, I do find it strange how we have gotten into this "Everything must match syndrome" Most would agree it noting about catching fish, but the angler themselves? 🤣

5 hours ago, Dicky123 said:

Even the cheap rods made in China are mostly high quality these days. They will catch fish and you would never know the difference, but as mentioned it's all about aesthetics and how it makes you feel. I doubt another could tell the difference in a blind test. I've had high quality rods and cheap, now I'm with MID-PRICED Free-Spirt rods and love the action. Never had to cast them over 30 meters as all my fishing is close in, but I expect they would do that if required. My advice would be buy second hand quality if you can, but remember most people do sell their gear at some time? 

I will say, I do find it strange how we have gotten into this "Everything must match syndrome" Most would agree it noting about catching fish, but the angler themselves? 🤣

The carbon cloths of the rods produced in China are not as good as those produced in UK, Japan and USA. 

Due to various sanctions the Chinese state is not allowed to trade in higher quality carbon

5 hours ago, Dicky123 said:

I will say, I do find it strange how we have gotten into this "Everything must match syndrome" Most would agree it noting about catching fish, but the angler themselves? 

I do agree in some sense, 95% of all my gear is Sonik... Bivvy, Bed, Alarms, Rods, Reels, Pod, Luggage, etc... Terminal as all mainly korda, but now n again do a top up order from Bank Tackle. 

6 hours ago, Dicky123 said:

I guess if you're asleep and you're suddenly woken by your alarm you don't have to stop and think " is that my soft actioned or stiffer actioned rod " , and if you really mixed things up , " where's the drag on this reel " ? .

😀