Is Your French Holiday Safe?

bretonangler

All fishery businesses in France MUST be registered in France, otherwise they are illegal under French law.

All legal fisheries have to list a SIRET number on their website and on any paperwork as proof that they are registered with the French tax authorities. It doesn't matter if the lake owner lives in the UK, or the lake is leased, any income derived from French property MUST be declared in France.

If you have booked a French fishing holiday this year ask the owner for their SIRET number. If they don't have one they are a 'black' fishery which can be raided at any time by the French tax police and shut down. If the owner has a SIRET number you can check it is valid and for a fishing business by typing in the first nine letters on verif.com

If you have booked a black fishery you run the risk of losing your holiday, being thrown off the venue and possibly having your tackle and vehicle confiscated by the police. Personally, if I found I had booked an illegal fishery I would demand my money back and go elsewhere. There really is no excuse for any fishery owner in France, they all know it they must be registered in France and they must be paying taxes in France.

Below is a list of registered English-owned fisheries in France that have a SIRET number, you can book any of these with confidence. :!:

Angel Lakes

Bounty Lakes

Boysaway Carping

Bluewater Lakes

Brittany Mill Lakes

Carp Quarry

Millers French Fishing Holidays

La Fritterie

Etangs De Breton

Exclusive Carp Fishing Holidays

Etang Le Fays

Etang Bertie

Freedom Lakes

The Source

Moulin De Mee

Lac De Beaute

Etang Marolles

Crete Lakes

Suttons Carp Fishery

Edens Lakes

Etang Moulinots

Jurassica and J1

Eden

Fishabil

Heaven

Moorlands

Bills Lake 1,2 and 3

Les Croix

Rushes Lake

Mirror Lake

Lac Les Pins

Lac Serenity

Blavet Valley Lakes

Utopia

Rushes Lake

Carp D’Or Lakes

The Retreat

Croix Blanche

Birch Pool Retreat

Genesis Lake

Echo Pool

St Leonards Carp Lakes

Ultimate Lake

La Petite Martiniere

Martin’s Lakes

Castaway Lakes

Etang De Planchon

Moulin De Passais

Carp France Fisheries

Millstone Pool

La Morinais

The Graviers, Djon (Luke Moffat's)

Lac Du Premiere

Charlou Carping

Etang Deux Pierres

Carp Invasion

Moulicent

Dream Lakes

Vallee Lakes

Beausoleil

Etang Meunier

Les Burons

Sweet Chestnut Lake

Gigantica

Etang De Vilaine

Lac Du Laneuville

Red Hot Lakes/Etang Du Vivier

Pleasure Lake

Les Quis

Le Moulin de Graffeuil

Domaine De Ribiere

Stacey's Place

Paradise Lakes

Marne Valley Carping

Etang Baudy

Lac de la Vie

Lac Rose

Les Koalins

Lac Clement

Etang Du Manoir

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I just make it clear Paul is not on a witch hunt. When someone post asking about a venue and that venue is not showing up as not a legal venue in France he makes a post making this information available to forum members to help protect them, the same goes for me.

If it turns out the venue is legal or then makes itself legal then once it has been checked Paul will add it to the list of legal venues.

As venue owners in France we know a lot of English owned venues that are not registered as a French business. Many hide behind the fact they are operating their business from the UK and therefore exempt.....they are not.

If a UK owner charges anglers to fish his venue in France then that venue has to be registered in France. If a UK person  or a company rent\lease a venue in France then they have to register the venue as a business in France.....not the land owner.

When a venue is raided in France we are not talking about 1 or 2 guys turning up, we are talking about a large force including the French Police, they have the right to take anyone fishing that venue tackle off them, arrest them and take them to court. One day this will happen and when it does it will be big news on all the forums............ Please don't let that be you. Likewise If you are a venue owner or renting\leasing a French venue and its not registered in France then please don't make that venue be yours.

John

Can I just make it clear Paul is not on a witch hunt. When someone post asking about a venue and that venue is not showing up as not a legal venue in France he makes a post making this information available to forum members to help protect them, the same goes for me.

If it turns out the venue is legal or then makes itself legal then once it has been checked Paul will add it to the list of legal venues.

As venue owners in France we know a lot of English owned venues that are not registered as a French business. Many hide behind the fact they are operating their business from the UK and therefore exempt.....they are not.

If a UK owner charges anglers to fish his venue in France then that venue has to be registered in France. If a UK person  or a company rent\lease a venue in France then they have to register the venue as a business in France.....not the land owner.

When a venue is raided in France we are not talking about 1 or 2 guys turning up, we are talking about a large force including the French Police, they have the right to take anyone fishing that venue tackle off them, arrest them and take them to court. One day this will happen and when it does it will be big news on all the forums............ Please don't let that be you. Likewise If you are a venue owner or renting\leasing a French venue and its not registered in France then please don't make that venue be yours.

John

good post,if i was forking out for a holiday i'd want to know if it was all above board  :P

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...