South Cerney A.C.

Guest single_bleep

Depends what you are after really, big fish kill on their Wick water about 18 months ago. I think 90 carp was the final count including 3 or 4 of the bigger fish.

Ham pool is nice but as with Wick the can both get rammed in the summer as the ticket is pretty cheap as I'm sure you already know.

Whitefriars (I think they still have this water but correct me if I'm wrong) very big water which some find a little daunting, most you speak to will say you have to use a bait boat to get to the fish or be able to cast to the horizon but speaking to a couple of lads who know their stuff have said you can be rewarded for fishing in close. A little secret squirrel prebaiting will help with this I'm told.

Personally Whitefriars is the only one I would fish as I've Ben round the other two on a few occasions when I was looking at getting a ticket and found a 50:50 split between some really nice lads I feel I could have a couple of beers with on the bank and some reasoned discussion about fishing, and some real wrongun's. - they were the main reason I didn't join but that said they seem to be put off by the bigger water as it is hard work.

Guest single_bleep

Yeah as PKF said you are more than welcome to look round the waters and some of the lads can be a help. I did really like the look of Wick with clear water and lots of weedy bays and trying to find little clear spots. Completely different from what I'm doing now so would have loved the challenge. But found more wrongun's on there than the other waters.

i had a ticket on there last year only went a handful of times, done a few nights on Ham, there is loads of crays in there right nuisance, dabchick looks the best lake but when we was speaking to a few lads they told us "dont fish dabchick to many thefts on there" not sure how true this is. The only down side to club waters is maintenance, Wickwater alot of the pegs are overgrown and instead of cutting the trees down they just seem to rope of the swim was quite a few swims roped off when i walked round there, I fished wick in the summer and the Algae there was ridiculous covering most of the lake, me n my mate asked one of the bailiffs why they dont clear it all out, his response was - if u was in my situation would you go in the boat and clear it all out!(which i replied yes i would - he didnt like that!) Safe to say that was my last trip to cerney there is some very nice fish in the lakes like someone has already said wick had a big fish kill not so long ago I was told on the big lake most people fish for a bite a year - again not sure how true just info i had of other members, its like an inland sea!!! but for the price of the ticket u cant really moan!

• 3 months later...