Anti tangle

adders60

Was planning a change of rig today, running to semi fixed set up

However with all my bits and bobs I couldn't get an anti tangle proof hooklink to leadclip swivel connection

Lead clip has swivel, to this I have quick clip but then too much metal and could tangle, do not want to rely on PVA

The only option would be to tie my hooklinks every time to the lead clip swivel, that's seems crazy but would work

What am I missing ?

What I need is quick clip on hooklink or leadclip but a sleeve I can pull back to stop risk of tangles in flight etc any ideas ??

Buy lead clips without fixed swivels inside and put your own quick link in it. Should solve what you after if I've read it right

And gardner , fox and solar sell lead clips that can be converted to running set ups (and in reverse) in about 0.5 seconds so you can use the same hooklink .

..........use a quick change swivel , loop on the hook length and a anti tangle sleeve to cover it.

That's what I do. And using the Fox lead clips it takes seconds to change from running rig to semi fixed.

Dal , just changed it for you mate :lol:

..........use a quick change swivel , loop on the hook length and a anti tangle sleeve to cover it.

That's what I do. And using the Fox lead clips it takes seconds to change from running rig to semi fixed.

Dal , just changed it for you mate :lol:

Oops. :oops: :oops: Thanks Tim :oops: :oops:

I'm watching the Olympics as I type so am not paying full attention (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :wink::P )

Guys your suggestion of using a quick clip in the lead clip doesn't seem to work, the clip is designed to fit the swivel and click and hold the swivel, thus allowing the lead clip to work when trying to shed the lead

Gave up and still stumped how to make a better job

However I have ordered some longer anti tangle sleeve for the hooklinks to slide back over the swivel and clip, that might work ?

What did I do wrong ??

Guys your suggestion of using a quick clip in the lead clip doesn't seem to work, the clip is designed to fit the swivel and click and hold the swivel, thus allowing the lead clip to work when trying to shed the lead

However I have ordered some longer anti tangle sleeve for the hooklinks to slide back over the swivel and clip, that might work ?

What did I do wrong ??

Buy some Fox lead clips. They have a pin that you use to make it semi fixed, rather than relying on the swivel to 'click' like Korda.

The Fox clips are much better than the Korda and allow the quick change.

The Korda clips don't touch the Fox ones IMHO. They're more interested in dumping tons of lead on the lake bed instead :shock:

If you want to keep using the lead clips you have then try the following.

Tie a large loop in your hook link at the lead end. Slide on an anti tangle sleeve. Then poke the loop through the swivel on the lead clip. Then put your hook and bait, if it's mounted, through the loop and pull down tight.

It's easy to change hook links that way as your not actually tying them to the swivel.

It's basically how you would attach a 'hook to nylon' to your main line.

If you want to keep using the lead clips you have then try the following.

Tie a large loop in your hook link at the lead end. Slide on an anti tangle sleeve. Then poke the loop through the swivel on the lead clip. Then put your hook and bait, if it's mounted, through the loop and pull down tight.

It's easy to change hook links that way as your not actually tying them to the swivel.

It's basically how you would attach a 'hook to nylon' to your main line.

A loop to loop. great idea and like you say its easy enough to change

What did I do wrong ??

Buy some Fox lead clips. They have a pin that you use to make it semi fixed, rather than relying on the swivel to 'click' like Korda.

The Fox clips are much better than the Korda and allow the quick change.

The Korda clips don't touch the Fox ones IMHO. They're more interested in dumping tons of lead on the lake bed instead :shock:

Martin , its what i suggested further up the thread mate . Solar and gardner make them as well & make it a doddle .

As for the quick clips , are you using one of these ?

EB84CDF7-9F5E-4108-9B63-5B3A321058A6_zpskxxrrmyt.png

If not you should be mate . Ordinary swivel one end , kwik klip on the other.

Those korda kwik klips are only any good for attaching a lead to a run ring .

yes I have those FOX I think, they also fit nicely in the FOX inlines

However they don't fit the Korda clips very well nor do the other Qwik Clips I have.

Its seems as suggested the Korda clips only suit a size 8 swivel and they then click and lock

Can you guys recommend a good lead clip / qwik clip match maybe the Fox ones

Bear in mind I want to slide anti tangle sleeve back over it when the hooklink is attached to avoid getting tangles

Buy lead clips without fixed swivels inside and put your own quick link in it. Should solve what you after if I've read it right

And gardner , fox and solar sell lead clips that can be converted to running set ups (and in reverse) in about 0.5 seconds so you can use the same hooklink .

Martin , the gardner quick lock swivel that i posted earlier will fit the gardner running lead clip system , your fox swivel should fit the fox version that both dal and i use and so on and so forth.

As long as you have a loop at the end of your hooklink then any large anti tangle sleeve should fit over the loop/swivel join with the aid of a baiting needle.

Theres a lot to be said for sticking to the same brand of terminal tackle .

They all fit . But you start mixing 'em up .... :cry:

Nigels idea is triffic and simple as . I use to attach my drennan method rigs the same way.

These are the quik links i was referring too, just tried them in several brands of lead clip and the all fit snugly.

large size i believe, the sleeve on the hooklength is a chod rig sleeve, slightly bigger bore than my A-T tube so fits over the link easier. but you could use another tail rubber for the same effect.

DSCF1138_zps3be2ce9a.jpg