any one out on the bank checking out the forum

mickey58

With what came down last night it will be like this at my favourite place....

:shock::shock::shock:

thats bad :shock: . but if a big branch fell on my rods id have been out there getting it off, not just sit there :roll::roll::roll:

No you wouldnt you would send esmin out to get it under the terms of that pre-nup :lol:

Wishing I was fishing!

I reckon I may get out next week for some pike fishing, but if it stays wet and rainy I'll be out on a lake rather than the river.

The high waters may have washed a few more fish in from Suffolk Water Park Traditional lake into the river, which means the area is under review for next season, but now the banks are impossible to walk (or cycle)

wow nasty lol

Its wasnt meant to be nasty mickey i havent got a nasty bone in my body .

No im just a bluff old traditionalist :D

Nick does that mean more carp in the river ?

Or does traditional mean just that ie no carp ?

Just curious ...

As wet as it's been here , my lake is still fishable at the moment but only due to the hard work of our volunteers who have been raising the banks artificially , where required , over the last couple of winters.

And when i say volunteers i mean community service volunteers :)

wow nasty lol

Just curious ...

As wet as it's been here , my lake is still fishable at the moment but only due to the hard work of our volunteers who have been raising the banks artificially , where required , over the last couple of winters.

The Traditional lake is a proper lake, a mix of perch, roach, carp, tench and pike, with the occasional eel, but the lake floods through into the River Gipping via a small inlet/outlet.

I know a few carp have made it out into the river, in an area where the stocks of chub and roach have gone missing, and the pike seem to have disappeared the last few years.

A couple of years ago I was fishing the area a fair amount, and when I started getting recaptures of pike I left it alone for a while, but kept an eye on it.

I used to go past The Chase in Dagenham a bit when I was working between Ilford, Romford and Becton, always looked good, and with higher banks may mean some fun.

wow nasty lol

Just curious ...

The Traditional lake is a proper lake, a mix of perch, roach, carp, tench and pike, with the occasional eel, but the lake floods through into the River Gipping via a small inlet/outlet.

I know a few carp have made it out into the river, in an area where the stocks of chub and roach have gone missing, and the pike seem to have disappeared the last few years.

A couple of years ago I was fishing the area a fair amount, and when I started getting recaptures of pike I left it alone for a while, but kept an eye on it.

I used to go past The Chase in Dagenham a bit when I was working between Ilford, Romford and Becton, always looked good, and with higher banks may mean some fun.

I think you would like it there nick , even the big lake over the back that i fish .there are some big fish over there now and i've never had any bother over there either .

Although its only 5 mins in the car or 20 minutes walk from me , i cant get over there nearly as much as i like but i do take the baby over there in the buggy for a walk when the weathers ok .

I keep up with whats happening over there via twitter (thanks gary nm01).

Only groan i have is that they keep putting in these new bark covered swims .

They all look very smart but are a nightmare to get banksticks and bivvy pegs into . I keep having to use a pod and i hate that ...

Not this weekend :cry:

I'm taking my mates boy for his first outing next Saturday. Let's hope he gets the bug.

I took my daughter out last may she came with mum n brov to visit she ended up staying made me a cracking pva bag in morn caught a cracking mirror of 13lb on it she was like duck to water looking forward to taking her again one day, she be 8 this year