Vallee Lake Report

mrjcarter

hi all,

We had hired the carp cabin which is in the north corner of the lake this had about 3 acres of water with swims 6-7-8.

My mate fished swim 8 and i was in 7, infront of me was some really nice spots but quite shallow so u need a lot of marker work to find deeper area's.

The best swims this week were 9 and 10 which had all the fish and action, the 73lb sturgen coming out twice and another 45lb'er.. the 3 guys had loads of takes and carp to high 30's whilst the rest of the lake was dead! giving the other anglers a blanked week or just the 1 fish..

The methods that worked for the 3 guys were fishing 30-40 yards out to the deep spots(silt) on SINGLE hoobaits or maize.

Good Points:

1. nice swims!!

2. well spaced out so you dont fight for water

3. easy to get to from the ferry port

4. good clean facilities

5. ur tackle is taken to your swim for u!!

6. You can hear the baliff (john, top bloke) coming a mile off on his quad

7. unhooking mats&slings are supplied free(they wont let u use your own)

Bad points:

1. have to be gone at 9am, too early

2. you can only use running rigs or the LEAD CLIPS he sells which r a rip off, these are called morale clips, never heard of them

3. lake is not as big as it seems from swim 7 i could hit the other side

4. Not the easiest water i have graced especially for a heavily stocked french lake, but that maybe be bad timing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just thought i'd add my comments as me and two others fished pegs 6,7,8 directly.

We had a good weeks fishing as it turns out, particularly my mate who was on swim 6 who pulled out 11 fish in the week including a 42lb and 46lb mirror. I was on swim 7 and had a monster 52lb mirror and a couple of smaller 20s. Peg 8 was dead for most of the week but saw a 32lb and a 28 on the last day.

John the baliff (who is indeed an all round top bloke) did say though, that the cabin swims had been dead for ages and it seems we were lucky with our timing just as the fish started to move into and feed in the area. They were all holding up on the far bank and in the bay so a bait boat was pretty essential for accurate placement.

The swims down the other side of the lake were less productive with the odd carp coming out and 4 sturgeon.

Vallee is a nice lake and, based on our experience, has some good fish in it. However, before you all get too excited there is a big BUT:

Firstly, i should point out that at least another 10 dead fish were pulled out while we were there (mostly 20s but i think there was one 40 amongst them). I think Mark may have stocked a load of new 20s recently which may have upset the apple cart. Its a little concerning though if something more sinister has been introduced to the water. I can say that the fish we caught were all in excellent condition though.

Secondly, i can only echo some of the comments that have been made about the owner, Mark. Without wanting to get in the realms of slander (!) i must say that my personal opinion is that his prime concern is for the money he can make from the lake. It may seem a bit odd saying that given that the website and, on initial impresion, Mark himself do seem to have fish welfare as their priority.

It's a shame really as the lake is very nice and John the baliff is as down-to-earth a guy as you could meet. We got on with John exceptionally well and, were it not for Mark, i'd have no trouble in recommending Vallee lakes to anyone (the fish death issue asside...)

I'd still recommend Vallee. My one main piece of advice would be to take Euros with you for everything you need to pay for. Buy all your bait etc up-front with Euros and avoid leaving your card for potential mis-use!

• 5 months later...

Hi all

I have read all these posts with interest the owner of the lake Mark has placed an order for 1 ton of large carp with my company for this Nov this may improve the fishing next season for all those that have booked

Best of Luck

Neil Wilson

FRENCH CARP SUPPLIES

• 2 months later...

Has the owner stocked these fish. Been on his website no mention of stocking of any sort in his news section. Did anyone catch in October no catch reports up?Could the fish supplier confirm they have gone in?If they have gone in on top of the 400 fish already in there the stock level is phenomenal. cant understand how many people seem to struggle on there. We await any info from the owner or fish supplier

Has the owner stocked these fish. Been on his website no mention of stocking of any sort in his news section. Did anyone catch in October no catch reports up?Could the fish supplier confirm they have gone in?If they have gone in on top of the 400 fish already in there the stock level is phenomenal. cant understand how many people seem to struggle on there. We await any info from the owner or fish supplier

Yes the fish have been stocked

so has anyone fished it recently as i said in one of my earlier posts i have booked the lake first week in june and have booked the lodge for a week if anyone has any tips on what bait , how to bait , where to bait would be more than gratefull as i am taking my 14 year old son and would love him to catch a thirty thanks daz

Dazebruce i was speaking to a friend who has fished it he fished the lodge with three of his mates.The main swim outside the lodge is a double swim,they used bait boats to fish the far bank treeline,also the treeline to the right three lads caught one blanked. The biggest was 41 mirror i think the others had a couple each 1 thirty the rest mid twentys. Some anglers piled it in and blanked They went easy on the bait and at least caught he said he would have baited more if he felt they were having it but the lake was fishing very slow they caught on the boilies supplied by the site.They ended up lashing loads of maize and hemp and pellets behind swim the wildlife had a feast. Dont order lots of bait beforehand like they did start of baiting lightly let the fish dictate the amount you put in, all their fish came at night The owner is very strict read the rules very carefully on their website hope this helps.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

hi all,

We had hired the carp cabin which is in the north corner of the lake this had about 3 acres of water with swims 6-7-8.

My mate fished swim 8 and i was in 7, infront of me was some really nice spots but quite shallow so u need a lot of marker work to find deeper area's.

The best swims this week were 9 and 10 which had all the fish and action, the 73lb sturgen coming out twice and another 45lb'er.. the 3 guys had loads of takes and carp to high 30's whilst the rest of the lake was dead! giving the other anglers a blanked week or just the 1 fish..

The methods that worked for the 3 guys were fishing 30-40 yards out to the deep spots(silt) on SINGLE hoobaits or maize.

Good Points:

1. nice swims!!

2. well spaced out so you dont fight for water

3. easy to get to from the ferry port

4. good clean facilities

5. ur tackle is taken to your swim for u!!

6. You can hear the baliff (john, top bloke) coming a mile off on his quad

7. unhooking mats&slings are supplied free(they wont let u use your own)

Bad points:

1. have to be gone at 9am, too early

2. you can only use running rigs or the LEAD CLIPS he sells which r a rip off, these are called morale clips, never heard of them

3. lake is not as big as it seems from swim 7 i could hit the other side

4. Not the easiest water i have graced especially for a heavily stocked french lake, but that maybe be bad timing?

Hi I atm going in March 20th 2015 has anyone got any updates on swims 678 and 9 please