Recommendations on stove

I suppose it all depends on what you want the stove for, if it's just for boiling water for tea, the Jetboil is hard to beat as they boil seriously quickly (they are expensive though) However if you want to cook proper food (rather than mountaineering food which tends to just need boiling water) you may find that the jet boil is way to aggressive, if you watch some of the videos where people are using the jetboil frying pan, you will notice that the pan always has a burnt mark in the middle because that is where the flame is focused. I've never had a coleman as I know that I would end up spilling fuel all over me, my gear and the swim and probably start a bushfire.

Really? I looked at the Trakker stoves and I saw two you tube clips, one for the Power stove and one for the Armolife LCG the power stove was with 1 Pint (so roughly half a litre and the LCG was with 1l, they boiled in 

Powerstove 2 minutes 36 seconds

LCG 6 minutes

Thats why I went and brought the Jetboil, as they are supposed to be efficient down to -6 and boil half a litre in 2 minutes 15 seconds.

• 3 months later...

I have a cheapo camping stove which has lasted me for years , used in conjunction with butane/propane cannisters abd one of these for me fry ups ...you can get em cheaper but i cant be asked to look :wink:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161471952680

Hi guys.

I'm looking for your thoughts on either the trakker or advanta power stove(angling direct).

They're made by a Chinese company called Fire Maple and are a re-branded FMS-100T. They can also be known as the King Kong. These guys also make the trakker and fox kettles and some of their pots and pans. You can't get their stuff in the UK without shipping from China or HK.

I've seen one in a shop and it had a loose pan support is this normal or should they all be rigid once the feet are extended?

Things i do for you Ian :wink:

These are blinding . Honest :)

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=371085125447

Cheers Tim

Gelert Unisex Gelert Non Stick Grill Plate

Glad it's unisex otherwise I wouldn't be able to use it :lol:

I'll speak to them when I've got my Carping Registered Accessory Panel ready for launch; it's got a gold look inner lining, a threaded doer upper, it's tangle free and a has got a masked point free loading system (patent pending), can't tell you anymore than that yet (it's a secret(ion)) just need to sort out the finer details like function, price, bs and media storm.

• 3 weeks later...

Without a doubt , Coleman Petrol for the very cold winter sessions , then when it warms up move over to gas

Gas all the way through for me.

I'm currently using Primus cartridges, a mix of Butane, Iso-Butane and Propane. I can still recommend CADAC, Coleman cartridges which are both a mix of propane and butane, but since my local Millets has become Blacks, they are not selling the Coleman500 cartridges in winter, and I'll be darned if I'm waltzing into my local tackle shop for a gas cartridge, knowing I'll walk out £30 worse off.

Trakker Armolife:

http://trakkerproducts.co.uk/product.php?id=82&scid=18&sid=2

Webtex warrior compact:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/321507812729?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=t&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

• 1 month later...

Being the numbnuts I am, is it petrol (unleaded); it states coleman fuel :confused:

It's dual fuel (Either Coleman Fuel (Or there are other alternatives which are cheaper) or unleaded petrol. I've got both the single burner (Sportster) and two burner stove and have always used unleaded petrol as it is so cheap (In comparison to the Coleman fuel (I add redex petrol treatment to it to keep the generator clean)).

They outperform gas cookers by a mile. They work in MUCH lower temperatures and they burn hotter (Boil a kettle quicker :wink: ) and there is no smell whatsoever of petrol as they burn, nor in the taste of the food.

I've been fishing and camping for years and have had a multitude of cookers. The Coleman's are head and shoulders above the rest, in my opinion.

Edited by dalthegooner

Is that my imagination, or, does the fuel pipe go over the burner?

7CDj3Mc.png

I'm used to proper fires, wood and witches :lol:

The fuel pipe (Called the generator) does go above the burner. This gets hot (Obviously :wink: ) and ensures that the pressurised petrol comes out as a gas, not a liquid.

Edited by dalthegooner