Recommendations on stove

Trakker Armolife for me.

Reliable, easy to use, portable and cheap. If you need a double burner, get two.

There's loads of discussion on here about gas v petrol etc, but I fish over night throughout the winter and have never had a problem.

Before this I used Coleman stoves- nothing but bother and I often ended up covered in more petrol than someone who'd upset Winnie Mandela :shock:

The trakker armolife is just a cheap stove rebranded. Get yourself down go outdoors, the whole armolife range I avaliable there for less than Half the cost. I have the single burner one, and also an ancient Coleman dual fuel. Does me for every situation. Usually have both with me, but leave the petrol one in the car as a back up

The trakker armolife is just a cheap stove rebranded. Get yourself down go outdoors, the whole armolife range I avaliable there for less than Half the cost. I have the single burner one, and also an ancient Coleman dual fuel. Does me for every situation. Usually have both with me, but leave the petrol one in the car as a back up

Either Go Outdoors or Blacks or check on Ebay.

I'm still using the Web Tex Warrior stove I recommend on this thread:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28868&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=stove&start=25

• 2 weeks later...

I have to dissagree, Coleman's are ok, but the generator can be temperamental unless you use the Coleman fuel exclusively.

I vividly recall one, possibly a Sportster model, arcing through the air into Harefield after the genny had failed for the fourth (?) time in two or three months. :lol:

The main thing with all these stoves is to opperate whichever you buy with one of those folding windbreaks wrapped as close as possible around your kettle / pan. They really do make a huge difference to the boiling time.

Good luck with whichever stove you choose.

BOF :wink:

Either Go Outdoors or Blacks or check on Ebay.

I'm still using the Web Tex Warrior stove I recommend on this thread:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=28868&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=stove&start=25

Have to say i have the web tex warrior, been using it for a few years now still working well, and in great condition, very pleased

I have to dissagree, Coleman's are ok, but the generator can be temperamental unless you use the Coleman fuel exclusively.

I vividly recall one, possibly a Sportster model, arcing through the air into Harefield after the genny had failed for the fourth (?) time in two or three months. :lol:

The main thing with all these stoves is to opperate whichever you buy with one of those folding windbreaks wrapped as close as possible around your kettle / pan. They really do make a huge difference to the boiling time.

Good luck with whichever stove you choose.

BOF :wink:

Totally agree about generators being temperamental. I hate Coleman stoves with a passion after an incident:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56036&highlight=coleman+stove

You're are not the only person who has problems with Coleman stoves.

A friend of mine used to work for Millets Camping, and he was saying that of all the petrol stoves sold, at one point they were having 50% returned as faulty.

I used to use a Peak1, the first edition was built well, but over time got worn out, the actual rings genuinely wore away.

I should have ordered spare rings, but instead of waiting for them to be delivered I bought a replacement Peak1 that was absolutely awful. I regularly had to change and repair parts, and it eventually failed on the bank totally. I pumped it up after filling it, and got nothing, no air pressure, no fuel on switching the lever to turn it on. I took it apart on the bank, and reserviced it. I still had no joy with lighting it, so did the same again. I then turned it on, and had nothing, so I lifted it up to look at it, still switched on and it decided to then spray petrol over my head and face.

I would not ever go back to a Coleman petrol stove due to all of the issues I have had.

I can honestly say I havnt had any trouble with my Coleman in 10 years I have only changed the genarater once and the stove is used a lot one thing that I do do is release the pressure and always empty the petrol when I get home after a session on the bank

• 2 weeks later...

Get a trangia, they are a neat and timeless design, ultra cheap to run, and far and away the most efficient, cleanest old skool option of all as they burn just meths.. There will be NO CANISTERS TO DISPOSE OF, and massive savings on canisters, as all you need is a quidsworth of meths once in a while.. Slow, but who cares whilst you are fishing? They don't take that long to boil enough water for a tea, and they come with a built in mini frying pan. The mini ones are about 22 quid on ebay etc and you can get bigger ones for two person cooking work for about 40 odd quid

Other than that look out for a an old s bleuet s200.. When I say they are reliable, I base that on the fact that mine is older than me at over 40 years old, and I have never even had to replace a part.. it is a bit slow in freezing conditions though

if you want a fast stove, just get a trakker micro stove with coleman screw top cartridges. These perform well in very cold weather and are fine.. My NGT cheap as chips kettle fits perfectly on mine

Rather than start a new thread I thought I put this here, check this out, I might have to get me one !!!!

http://shop.biolitestove.com/campstove.html#.UsSnPX8gGSM

I like the look of them, just not convinced that they would burn well enough using twigs etc. from the bank and I've never seen biomass pellets for sale in small quantities.

I don't want to wait ages to cook my breakfast / dinner.

I don't want to wait ages to cook my breakfast / dinner.

As an experienced cook mate, trust me that slow cooked food is way tastier and more healthy. We are only talking a few more minutes with a slow flame Trangia anyway.. the energy transferance is very good. Get a Trangia or face toxic propane fumes and billions of pounds worth of expensive empty gas canisters mounting up. End of my input to this discussion.

As an experienced cook mate, trust me that slow cooked food is way tastier and more healthy. We are only talking a few more minutes with a slow flame Trangia anyway.. the energy transferance is very good. Get a Trangia or face toxic propane fumes and billions of pounds worth of expensive empty gas canisters mounting up. End of my input to this discussion.

I cook on unleaded petrol. I've had the Coleman Sportster II for a couple of years and think it's fantastic, would never go back to gas on the bank.

My breakfast is sausage, egg and bacon. cooking it a little slower isn't going to make it more healthy :P

My evening meals are more geared to faster cooking (As I only use one ring) which are normally a reheated curry and smash.

• 2 months later...

Coleman Double burner for me,Done many a spagbowl and it has never let me down.Just dont use it in the bivvy not only a coleman but any stove see a bloke once set light to hes bivvy and leg once and had to throw him in the lake to put him out thankfully only very miner burns nothing serious thank god.

• 3 months later...

Coleman Double burner for me,Done many a spagbowl and it has never let me down.Just dont use it in the bivvy not only a coleman but any stove see a bloke once set light to hes bivvy and leg once and had to throw him in the lake to put him out thankfully only very miner burns nothing serious thank god.

same i got the double burner and the single and both work brilliantly i use the double more because it is more stable on uneven grounds and as for not having it in the bivvy erm i always use mine in the bivvy but i use the double because you cant knock it over as easy and on the upside if your cold at night just put it on for a cupple of minuets haha