Some recent captures.

Thought I'd share a bit of what I've been up to, the best way to do that is with some photographs of Carp :D The smallest in this group from memory is about 22 and half pounds, the biggest is 40 and there's another that came in at 36lb 9oz.

pkao.jpg

u0lu.jpg

cmk2.jpg

r98g.jpg

uazn.jpg

asqw.jpg

e592.jpg

z93z.jpg

img0317kx.jpg

o00u.jpg

xgk.JPG

Just to let you know the claret in the picture above is coming out of me, Mr Ghostie was more like a poltergeist!

all the best,

Chris

You have come a long way since you fished those dum creeks full off eels,you have found a great spot,that people drove byand have amazed mewith the way you have made it produce.Well done,i have looked at it many times never botherd to fish it,shows what a dummy i am.More strengh to your arm ,and thank you for those excellent photos. cheers Macbilly

You have come a long way since you fished those dum creeks full off eels,you have found a great spot,that people drove byand have amazed mewith the way you have made it produce.Well done,i have looked at it many times never botherd to fish it,shows what a dummy i am.More strengh to your arm ,and thank you for those excellent photos. cheers Macbilly

Its no different to any other water in these parts - its full of eels and ninjas too - you can't really avoid them, only lessen the chances of picking them up, the biggest eel I've had was just over 20, but I've had a couple that were bigger that I have, thankfully, been unable to land :lol:

Chris

• 1 month later...

Thanks Russ,

I'm in New South Wales, tactics pretty standard the exception being that boilies and pellet are a no go due to nuisance species, fishing over beds of particle, some particles are also a no no so its a case of working out what works in a particular water.

Its a bit different to the UK experience, you don't run in to other Carp anglers, in fact I rarely ever encounter anglers at all on this water, pretty much have the water to myself. The only issues this time of year are heat and snakes, but you can manage those.

atb,

Chris

nice ! I don't know why but I never thought about carp fishing in oz b4, I have a friend who has family over there and goes to see them when he can and like me he is mad on carp fishing so I think when he goes next winter I will trade my summer holiday for a winter 1 in sunny oz :wink: I have been trying to think of a sunny place to fish during our uk winter for a while and I think would be perfect :idea: , only down side price of flights and time it takes to get there :shock:

also I bet night fishing would be abit dangerous with the amount of things that can kill you like crocodiles black widows spidars and snakes all adds to the fun I suppose. do you night fish ? or is it best to do day sessions ?

are there some parts of oz that have more carp than others?

any advice you could give would be ace. thanks

Russ

I suppose not many people consider Australia as a Carp fishing destination, there are a lot of other things to do in Australia, but I think Australia has quite a bit to offer and is unique in many ways, its about as far away from anywhere you could go to catch Carp and they are truly wild and un-managed, to land a 20, 30 or if you are really on the game a 40 that has never been caught is just ground breaking.

The fishing isn't that dangerous, there's things you can do to manage risk and stuff like crocodiles are only an issue in the northern states, black widows aren't an issue I got bitten by one hanging out the washing, it wasn't pleasant but not life threatening, night fishing is fine.

Some states have ridiculous rules regarding Carp that they are on the whole incapable of policing, but here in NSW and the ACT its ok to catch and release, if you are thinking of coming over pm me as I have contacts in most states and I'm sure we'll be able to put you on to some Aus Carp.

atb,

Chris