Tasswood lakes, Norfolk.

frogy

Hey si , how you get on at the weekend ?

Hi Tim went to shallowbrook my local lake and had one fish and my arm was aching and the rod was bending more than ever before so thought 'great its a biggie' then it came off! As you can imagine the air was blue!!!

Hi Tim went to shallowbrook my local lake and had one fish and my arm was aching and the rod was bending more than ever before so thought 'great its a biggie' then it came off! As you can imagine the air was blue!!!

Brave man fishing there always hearing of setups and tackle going walkies there.

Brave man fishing there always hearing of setups and tackle going walkies there.

I can say the same of many waters, and in some cases (NOT all) it is put about to keep putting anglers off from fishing the water.

I can say the same of many waters, and in some cases (NOT all) it is put about to keep putting anglers off from fishing the water.

Yes, there are all sorts of "tales" put about to discourage incoming anglers. Can't comment on Shallowbrook, I've never been there.

Ian

Yes, there are all sorts of "tales" put about to discourage incoming anglers. Can't comment on Shallowbrook, I've never been there.

Ian

A couple of smallish lakes on the outskirts of Norwich, admittedly near the infamous Larkman area of the city, but I can never remember any trouble down at the lakes on the few times I had fished there.

I found Taverham Mills a mile or so up the road far more interesting and better looking with a better quality of fish. :wink:

As for Taswood, I do know that there were a number of fish movements around the site to cover up missing and lost fish.

The quality of angler was not necessarily the highest as it was run as a holiday complex with a very loose attitude by the owners/bailiffs at times.

I also believe, note believe, not fact, but rumour that not all of the fish that were stocked into the Taswood complex were properly licensed and with the complete EA Section 30 consents.

Now of course, as I said this is a heavy rumour, but as I did used to have a fair bit of contact with the area, from the people who these rumours came from I do have faith in their integrity, so the choice is yours

Ian

A couple of smallish lakes on the outskirts of Norwich, admittedly near the infamous Larkman area of the city, but I can never remember any trouble down at the lakes on the few times I had fished there.

I found Taverham Mills a mile or so up the road far more interesting and better looking with a better quality of fish. :wink:

As for Taswood, I do know that there were a number of fish movements around the site to cover up missing and lost fish.

The quality of angler was not necessarily the highest as it was run as a holiday complex with a very loose attitude by the owners/bailiffs at times.

I also believe, note believe, not fact, but rumour that not all of the fish that were stocked into the Taswood complex were properly licensed and with the complete EA Section 30 consents.

Now of course, as I said this is a heavy rumour, but as I did used to have a fair bit of contact with the area, from the people who these rumours came from I do have faith in their integrity, so the choice is yours