What is your newest purchase

adders60

Just stocked up on some CC Moore bait to finish the season off, two kilo of live one kilo of Pacific tuna a tub of glugged hard hookers in each and some live pop ups bag of the live stick mix and a jar of the amino blend to glug the live system and pva mix.

Should be out wendsday got a couple of gutters on tomorrow in half a mind to wait for better weather but if it goes nice again in October I will get out again.

On 25/09/2022 at 15:34, Highy said:

Had the Raffle after the Charity match....ended up with

5kg Nash Scpoex Squid, 15kg Monster Particle, 3kg Mainline Diamond Whites.

I take it you’ll be EBaying the boilies ? 🤣

Bought a pack of Cygnet size 4 curve shank hooks. 

A few people have said they are pretty decent so going to give them a try. 

The pack of korda kurv hooks I bought in size 4 have given solid hook holds but bent the point over every hook up. So was 1 hook per fish and couldn't sharpen it enough to re use it. I still have the korda hooks so will have 1 rig with a korda hook and the other with a Cygnet and compare them if I can get a hook up on each 👍

12 hours ago, jh92 said:

Bought a pack of Cygnet size 4 curve shank hooks. 

A few people have said they are pretty decent so going to give them a try. 

The pack of korda kurv hooks I bought in size 4 have given solid hook holds but bent the point over every hook up. So was 1 hook per fish and couldn't sharpen it enough to re use it. I still have the korda hooks so will have 1 rig with a korda hook and the other with a Cygnet and compare them if I can get a hook up on each 👍

Years ago I compared Korda Kurv points to ESP, Gamakatsu and Gardner points. The Korda were definitely the bluntest of the lot.

From being able to pick one up on my thumb with a 3oz lead attached, I couldn't do that with the others. 

The only reason I did that,  is at Nazeing I pinched a rig from Big Dave, same as mine, but instead of Mugga it was a Kurv. I cast out to showing fish, got a few bleeps but no hook-ups. I reeled back in, changed to one of my Mugga rigs, and back to the same spot. Within minutes I had a 20lb carp on the bank.

I have no problem with 1 fish per hook, but I do want my hooks sharp enough in the first place.

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Years ago I compared Korda Kurv points to ESP, Gamakatsu and Gardner points. The Korda were definitely the bluntest of the lot.

From being able to pick one up on my thumb with a 3oz lead attached, I couldn't do that with the others. 

The only reason I did that,  is at Nazeing I pinched a rig from Big Dave, same as mine, but instead of Mugga it was a Kurv. I cast out to showing fish, got a few bleeps but no hook-ups. I reeled back in, changed to one of my Mugga rigs, and back to the same spot. Within minutes I had a 20lb carp on the bank.

I have no problem with 1 fish per hook, but I do want my hooks sharp enough in the first place.

We pay enough for a hook really 

least you can ask is for it to be sharp..

6 hours ago, finchey said:

2kg of Sticky Krill, A fox Marker float kit and a cannister of the coleman extreme gas to try and see if it any better than the normal gas in the colder weather. 😁👍

I originally posted this on @frogy's 'gas bottle problem' thread:

Right for the anal out there, a list of canisters I have used and I think the best to worst, these are all Propane/butane/iso-butane.

Primus and GoSystem. They both will run until empty with no need to shake or warm. In winter they are my preference
Sunn Gas, I hadn't seen these anywhere except one of my local tackle shops, it did require a shake but worked until empty.
CADAC, will work, but in winter may need tipping on its side to completely empty.
Coleman, the premium name, yet the worst gas canister. Even in summer they need shaking or tipping on their side to empty. In winter they need heating up before you can get a decent burn out of them, even at almost new.

8 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I originally posted this on @frogy's 'gas bottle problem' thread:

Right for the anal out there, a list of canisters I have used and I think the best to worst, these are all Propane/butane/iso-butane.

Primus and GoSystem. They both will run until empty with no need to shake or warm. In winter they are my preference
Sunn Gas, I hadn't seen these anywhere except one of my local tackle shops, it did require a shake but worked until empty.
CADAC, will work, but in winter may need tipping on its side to completely empty.
Coleman, the premium name, yet the worst gas canister. Even in summer they need shaking or tipping on their side to empty. In winter they need heating up before you can get a decent burn out of them, even at almost new.

Cheers for that mate but to tell you the truth I had virtually ran out and was struggling to get any, so needs must as they say I needed for today. But next time I will buy in advance and take your advice. 😁👍

13 hours ago, finchey said:

Cheers for that mate but to tell you the truth I had virtually ran out and was struggling to get any, so needs must as they say I needed for today. But next time I will buy in advance and take your advice. 😁👍

I know sometimes getting gas is difficult. I prefer to get mine from the George Sharman Camping and Caravan store, where I can get GoSystem gas at a cheaper price than the tackle shop, but I rarely head that way in or out of town now so have to go via the more expensive tackle shop.

I know that sometimes the Ebay offer of 6 Coleman canisters at £20 may seem like a good bargain.

I've spent so much time on the bank during last month or so, being off it feels so weird. My last session should of been my last for a while... but I can't resist. I'm going again tomorrow 🤣

I've just bought:

another bag of 5kg 20mm sticky krill

5 pack of subline leaders

size 4 korda kurv hooks

I'm hooked, can't wait to hear the line peeling off my reel 🤣

After  a v break of maybe  3-4years focusing  on running  with the odd perch session I've getting back into carp but I sold all my gear so this week we had a big order:

Ngt profiler 10ft rod set ( rod reels holdall and 42 Inch)

Thinking anglers tackle pouch

Ta size  6 chod hooks  and think link 

Large unhooking mat 

4 rod rest and banksticks 

Nut drill and needle set .

Will a little one and a house  to renovate  and escailly  a whole set up to collect again I had to make the choice to get some lower end brands for now.

Plus I still need to get barrow bedchair and sleeping bag but there no rush yet