What is your newest purchase

adders60

All I know is u can chuck a rig out on a broom handle, use a stick as a rest,use a lump of mud as an indicator but the main thing and ONLY worry u should have is good quality hooks,bait and line n hooklength, all the other gubbins is immaterial, just as long as rig is in the right place. We all are guilty of buying all the other stuff cos its pleasing to the eye

£300+ on a POD!

No, a bit out of my comfort zone. Nor can I get my head round Elmo's recent purchase of 3 Fox Horizon XT's AND matching Spod rod, AND the set of Basairs to go with them. But like the man says its his choice.

Me? Nahh I am strictly bargain basement, I got a Nash 13ft 3 1/2 in case I wanted to reach the humble distance I can get to with my Longbow DF's with a marker float rig.

B.O.F.    :wink:  

Edited by B.O.F.

I've just bought a 1960's carp rod. Hand built, glass fibre made by Keith Stamford of Sheffield. Can't wait to give it a try stalking next summer. Looking for a nice mitchell 300 to pair with it!

I had some fun last weekend, I used a Match Aerial centre pin, now that is fun margin fishing albeit the carp were 6-8lb, but the reel did dream a few times :)

I've got the leeda rogue pod... Same as the wychwood but different branding. Looks okay but the plastic cam locks on mine don't inspire confidence. I reckon these will be the first point of failure.

Still, great for 35 quid and I won't be using mine much so hopefully it lasts a long time.

I've got the leeda rogue pod... Same as the wychwood but different branding. Looks okay but the plastic cam locks on mine don't inspire confidence. I reckon these will be the first point of failure.

Still, great for 35 quid and I won't be using mine much so hopefully it lasts a long time.

I've just bought one,poor man's jag prolite!

Im sure it'll be fine mate i was just fishing for a bite from the Cyborx

posted on this yesterday tim but seems to have disappeared lol

i said that i couldn't justify paying out over £300 for something that i could make out of a few twigs a bit of chewing gum and some good old boy scout knowhow.