What is your newest purchase

adders60

Well.....last night the Wife booked her n little en a Holiday to Turkey.....they go 4 weeks today 23rd August, I'm working and can't get the time off work to Staff already being off (but I honestly do not mind)....SO guess where I'll be going for at least a 48hr the following weekend they leave....maybe even a 72hr.

So she said here's £100 for the week.....what do I purchase 🤔

Last night I snapped my fox splicing needle and ran out of Gardner camflex lead free leader, 

So i ordered 3 thinking tackle splicing needles, more Gardner leader, and a 

Gardner hook point doctor 2 (I just wanted something that may just sharpen a bit rather than a file which I tend to overdo then with ) 😳

Couple of hard bait baiting needles , the Thinking Anglers and Gardner stringer versions looked well made and indeed are .

Also a Gardner finger stall and some batteries for my new alarms .

8 hours ago, Highy said:

Well.....last night the Wife booked her n little en a Holiday to Turkey.....they go 4 weeks today 23rd August, I'm working and can't get the time off work to Staff already being off (but I honestly do not mind)....SO guess where I'll be going for at least a 48hr the following weekend they leave....maybe even a 72hr.

So she said here's £100 for the week.....what do I purchase 🤔

Bait! 

5m whip, 8lb line, size 16 hooks & a pasty net for the boys. Looking forward to a week away at lodge on a lake. Not sure of stock, but planning to have a hook bait out every night, over the spots the boys bait up with maggots, worm and grounbait. 

You never know I may even have a fish this year🤞🤞🤞🤓

On 21/07/2022 at 15:54, Highy said:

Another new spool of line...

20220721_150629.thumb.jpg.72a1245381b1b690cde31a5964580879.jpg

Sonik Ultrasonik 18lb Clear

I've just been to the local pond (Red Pond)....spent about 2 hrs bedding in the line as much as possible....

On each rod I used a 3 OZ Distance lead to start off, each cast getting further n further,  then changed over to the Garsner Spin Doctor with each cast getting further n further.....hardly any twist/curl....then I took the lead off, walked each line out until I couldn't walk any further (without seeing the dog)...then reeled em both back in under pressure, then took about 4 rod lengths line off the end.....that's the best I've ever got any line.

Hopefully out next weekend for a 24hr, then i should have 2x 48hr on the bounce for 2 weekends.

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I've just been to the local pond (Red Pond)....spent about 2 hrs bedding in the line as much as possible....

On each rod I used a 3 OZ Distance lead to start off, each cast getting further n further,  then changed over to the Garsner Spin Doctor with each cast getting further n further.....hardly any twist/curl....then I took the lead off, walked each line out until I couldn't walk any further (without seeing the dog)...then reeled em both back in under pressure, then took about 4 rod lengths line off the end.....that's the best I've ever got any line.

Hopefully out next weekend for a 24hr, then i should have 2x 48hr on the bounce for 2 weekends.

Never done anything like that, just spool it up and off I go, do you get lots of twist putting the line on or something? - seems like quite a faff

3 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Never done anything like that, just spool it up and off I go, do you get lots of twist putting the line on or something? - seems like quite a faff

Only abit, but it's something I've always done with every line I put on, might seem quite a faff but if it gets me good line lay and performs well in the water, then I'll take it....but I think this is a line ill have on for a while now...

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Only abit, but it's something I've always done with every line I put on, might seem quite a faff but if it gets me good line lay and performs well in the water, then I'll take it....but I think this is a line ill have on for a while now...

Fair enough mate - I think i get decent line lay with my old shimmys anyway, can't say I've seen a reason to do any more than what I'm doing 👍

Just done mine with the Gardner Hydrotuff on Yonnys recommendation.  Went on a treat - impressed so far! 👌 

5 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I never go to those lengths either, take it off, line spool in bucket of water, load it slowly on through my finger and thumb.

It is then ready to go. The reeling on slowly means I can check good line lay and its coming off the front of the line spool.

I rarely have line problems, in fact never with Gardner Pro, occasionally with Daiwa Sensor, but that was more than likely down to reeling on too fast. 

The Asso and P-line also behaved reeling on slowly.

2 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I never go to those lengths either, take it off, line spool in bucket of water, load it slowly on through my finger and thumb.

It is then ready to go. The reeling on slowly means I can check good line lay and its coming off the front of the line spool.

I rarely have line problems, in fact never with Gardner Pro, occasionally with Daiwa Sensor, but that was more than likely down to reeling on too fast. 

The Asso and P-line also behaved reeling on slowly.

Yah, that's what I do/did....soaked for 24hr in water, took time putting it on, then I always go to a lake and bed them in, just did abit if extra tlc on this 1....

I don't think it had any twist coming off, just like little humps looming like it had been on the spool for a while, but it's on the Reels now and quite impressed with it so far....jus need to try it in an actual fishing scene 🎣

3 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Fair enough mate - I think i get decent line lay with my old shimmys anyway, can't say I've seen a reason to do any more than what I'm doing 👍

Just done mine with the Gardner Hydrotuff on Yonnys recommendation.  Went on a treat - impressed so far! 👌 

Hydrotuff is that tuff it uses Chuck Norris as an elastic band 

14 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

occasionally with Daiwa Sensor, but that was more than likely down to reeling on too fast. 

Yes thinking back Diawa Sensor was a pig to put on for me and a friend, it ended up being a two handed job - one reeling, one turning the spool over trying to get it on with no twist.

He said it never used to do it?  Weird one that, I didn't buy it again.

The Hydrotuff went on like a dream, even on the last reel there was barely any twist - I didn't need to turn the spool once 👍

6 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Yes thinking back Diawa Sensor was a pig to put on for me and a friend, it ended up being a two handed job - one reeling, one turning the spool over trying to get it on with no twist.

He said it never used to do it?  Weird one that, I didn't buy it again.

The Hydrotuff went on like a dream, even on the last reel there was barely any twist - I didn't need to turn the spool once 👍

Sensor now is a different line to how it used to be.

When Simon Wheeler got me to first try it, it was a lovely line, no problems. The next year, I did reel it onto the reels too quickly, but it still behaved. A few sessions sorted it.

I've played with it recently and it is different.

Will be a purchase tomorrow......

Well, on 23rd August the Wife n Little en head to turkey for a week, im not going (cant get time off work, also dont want to put the dog in kennels)....

Tomorrow I will be booking 48hrs at Cudmore Fishery for the August Bank Holiday (Saturday to Monday)....

Uncle is there now and I've read up on it a few times, the bigger waters hold the bigger fish Carp 25lb+ Catfish 60lb plus....few mates have been and caught some of em.....but I want to start off half decent.

I'm looking at either Georges or Adelaide....both classed as runs waters but both have Carp to 25lb (ish) and Cats to 60lb (ish).

Uncle has been on Georges a few times and had a few 20's...(Im not in the club yet).

Not heard much about adelaide but has the better features and is a bigger water.....

I've got until 4pm tomorrow then I'll be booking 1 of em.

Edited by Highy

21 hours ago, Highy said:

Will be a purchase tomorrow......

Well, on 23rd August the Wife n Little en head to turkey for a week, im not going (cant get time off work, also dont want to put the dog in kennels)....

Tomorrow I will be booking 48hrs at Cudmore Fishery for the August Bank Holiday (Saturday to Monday)....

Uncle is there now and I've read up on it a few times, the bigger waters hold the bigger fish Carp 25lb+ Catfish 60lb plus....few mates have been and caught some of em.....but I want to start off half decent.

I'm looking at either Georges or Adelaide....both classed as runs waters but both have Carp to 25lb (ish) and Cats to 60lb (ish).

Uncle has been on Georges a few times and had a few 20's...(Im not in the club yet).

Not heard much about adelaide but has the better features and is a bigger water.....

I've got until 4pm tomorrow then I'll be booking 1 of em.

Well....all booked, I'm.on Georges Lake for 48hrs 27th August.