What is your newest purchase

adders60

On 19/01/2022 at 14:39, Highy said:

Let us know how you get on with it Elmo, heard some good things about these beds. 

It arrived today had a quick set up and lie on it, seems very light and sturdy, and the alternative leg position makes it seem more stable too, no long floppy foot end and all 6 legs seem to do a job, I always found the head end legs seemed almost like an after thought but these seem to be part of the design, hopefully it should last and prove elmoproof 😂

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

It arrived today had a quick set up and lie on it, seems very light and sturdy, and the alternative leg position makes it seem more stable too, no long floppy foot end and all 6 legs seem to do a job, I always found the head end legs seemed almost like an after thought but these seem to be part of the design, hopefully it should last and prove elmoproof 😂

Sounds good, when is the Elmo test? 

I'm out in morning for the day with 2 mates to the Park Lake... stuff is already put together, just do the Food later after the Dentist and Football training. 

Like a Kid at Christmas... 🎣🎣

4 hours ago, Highy said:

Sounds good, when is the Elmo test? 

I'm out in morning for the day with 2 mates to the Park Lake... stuff is already put together, just do the Food later after the Dentist and Football training. 

Like a Kid at Christmas... 🎣🎣

God knows when the next test is tbh, I'm not in a rush save my tokens for when the weather is more favourable 😂

Good luck hope you catch one 👍

1 hour ago, framey said:

I’m buying a drone so I can do the fish spotting from the car park 

gotta be worth saving a couple of hours a trip lol

I thought that, got dji mini 2, awesome bit of kit. Used it a few times, when weather conditions allow. Some pics on a thread I started

Unless you have near gin clear water, I'm afraid it is hard to track down fish. 

I also got it to do aerial shots of roofs etc for my damp proofing company. The kit and tech on it won't allow me to fly in Central London or anywhere near gatwick, whilst I can understand a certain security aspect I only want to fly it to 10-12m. GPS won't let me take off?? 

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

My toy boat arrived today the little plastic thing is broken off the back but doubt I would use that anyway so not fussed, otherwise it's plasticky and will hopefully do the job once I get a UK charger for it,looks OK for the money though just hope it floats, 😀

IMG_20220124_231521.jpg

Mmmmm, long as it floats, drives and hoppers open... Job done. 

Used mine at weekend, got to 1 or 2 places that I couldn't cast too, with over hanging branches, and close to a floating pontoon. 

Edited by Highy

A bit like shutting the gate, after the fishing gear has bolted!.!

It gives me a bit of piece of mind that they won't get in very easily. 

So, not only lost a load of gear, my fishing buddy, doesn't want to go this weekend. Another mate has donored some gear, but he doesn't fancy it. 

If I could have a chat with the little toe rags, I'd have a lot to say

IMG_20220123_135830.jpg

8 minutes ago, commonly said:

A bit like shutting the gate, after the fishing gear has bolted!.!

It gives me a bit of piece of mind that they won't get in very easily. 

So, not only lost a load of gear, my fishing buddy, doesn't want to go this weekend. Another mate has donored some gear, but he doesn't fancy it. 

If I could have a chat with the little toe rags, I'd have a lot to say

IMG_20220123_135830.jpg

Horrible that it happened i think if i lost all the gear i have today i would more than likely call it quits takes years to build up what is good for you.

Those little garages are only good for cars these days i'm not a criminal but if i was you i would get the moss and grass up as it shows there is no car going in and out regular, if you have a load of household stuff you could put in the garage and bring the tools and tackle home, they will keep coming back it's not worth a confrontation unless you have a legal shotgun and the law on side. 

lost all the gear i have today i would more than likely call it quits takes years to build up

I fear my mate feels this way, it was pretty much all he had to his name! 

tools and tackle home

OH yes, rod and tackle bag now kept in doors. 

Im off to my local tackle shop Saturday to have a waggle of some telescopic rods… or are they called retractable  🤔 anyway the choice’s are from the stables of Sonik, ESP and 2 from Fox …. Appreciate it if anyone got any thoughts or experiences of the above 

1 hour ago, B B said:

Im off to my local tackle shop Saturday to have a waggle of some telescopic rods… or are they called retractable  🤔 anyway the choice’s are from the stables of Sonik, ESP and 2 from Fox …. Appreciate it if anyone got any thoughts or experiences of the above 

I dabbled a few times with my Sonik Xtractor and Xtractor GS Reel, didn't feel right when using 12ft rods for so long. Easier to carry and pack down though. 

I use Dwarf's from Nash... 9' 2.75lbs had em a few years now... the butt and middle sections are tele, the top section is separate... they have a nice playing action and pack down to approx 45" ... I also have a 4.5lb spod rod to match... brilliant rods... thought I'd struggle at first, but now I use the 9' ers so much, I flogged my 12'ers... even my cane carp rods are 9'3" now

15 hours ago, B B said:

Daiwa make some now too...👍