where to fish

Hi recently started carp fishing about 2 yrs ago and I'm looking to catch my first twenty tried a local runs water called horns dam near Preston cracking place but full of pasties me and my son are looking for somewhere decent to go not too hard as we don't mind a challenge but we haven't even got used to a lot of stuff at the min like spodding and marker floats etc we don't mind travelling either we live near Blackpool anyhelp of somewhere with plenty of twenties in would be much appreciated thanx jonny

Guest Anonymous

My way of keeping small fish off your hook baits, should work on any fishery. Start by fishing PVA bags with lots of small baits in them, such as hemp, bread crumb, tinned fish minced and the boilies you use on the hook, at the same time use a catapult to fire boilies beyond where you have started fishing with the PVA bags, after an hour or so, use one rod to cast just boilies and no PVA bag to the area further out than you have been fishing with PVA bags, you might get a surprise.