carp venue

jonny282w

Hi recently started carp fishing about 2 yrs ago and I'm looking to catch my first twenty tried a local runs water called horns dam near Preston cracking place but full of pasties me and my son are looking for somewhere decent to go not too hard as we don't mind a challenge but we haven't even got used to a lot of stuff at the min like spodding and marker floats etc we don't mind travelling either we live near Blackpool anyhelp of somewhere with plenty of twenties in would be much appreciated thanx jonny

Guest Anonymous

Now i know you don't mean Gregs steak bake when you say pastie, so i have to ask what's a pastie and why is the fisherie full of them.

As for a twenty, just about every day ticket water in the country has 20lb fish in them, the larger the fish in the lake means less fish in numbers.

As for the spod rod, i have no idea never used one, i think you need to be fishing for a week or so to make it wort while using one like they do on the TV

OK..............Carpbell, if you don't know what a pastie is you shouldn't be giving advice to people. I said in another thread I didn't want to upset you but i no longer care if you get the hump. Are you trying to pee people off or trying to make yourself look good? It's obvious to anyone that you don't know what you're talking about so keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.

Guest Anonymous
OK..............Carpbell, if you don't know what a pastie is you shouldn't be giving advice to people. I said in another thread I didn't want to upset you but i no longer care if you get the hump. Are you trying to pee people off or trying to make yourself look good? It's obvious to anyone that you don't know what you're talking about so keep your uninformed opinions to yourself.

The thread has a theme other than my post, feel free to adress it as you wish.

I don't get upset by posts on the internet, fill ya boots :D

I'm one of these people who absolutely hates the term pastie when it refers to a carp, I find it an insult to the fish; although I am probably just as bad calling smaller fish Dinks, but that was down to a water I used to fish stocking some smaller Dinkelsbuehl strain fish and a mate and I would refer to all singles as Dinks from then on.

Jonny,

2 years to catch a 20?

Don't be in a hurry, learn to enjoy your fishing, and learn from every fish.

The more you learn then the better you will be, but for each and every water you have to start again.

You don't have to learn everything, there is no angler around who knows everything to do with fishing, but the more the better.

Some won't or don't use a marker float, and there are some who won't and don't use a spod. It is still possible to get bait out without resorting to a spod, but the Korda films have made it seem like a 'Must Do'.

Plenty of waters have 20lb carp in them, but those larger fish may well be a lot harder to catch than the smaller fish. There are less of them, so likely get caught less, and maybe can't get to the bait first. In a lake they may also feed away from the smaller fish, or have specific areas that they hold as thier own territories.

Of course, it may mean that you have to change the waters you fish, but have a dig in the search facility and type in Preston, and then specify UK Where to Fish (I did notice you started a thread in that section with the same question)