Rookley Park

Fished there last week,amazing place,saw a lot of fish about and most of them do look around the 25lb mark...!!

Found tim to be sound and he hires out tackle at good rates...!!!

There wasn't much out last week it was just to warm..!!

The one thing I did keep hearing was that they get caught mostly on Icelandic red boilies,but give maggot ago they go nuts for em...!!!

Not many come off the top they really are not interested..!!

Try and get a swim away from the caravans,I was in the corner swim and fed up of the holiday makers asking me if I had done any good,or trying to tell me how to fish for them..!!

Good look any way,oh and keep a couple of rods ready to cast at showing fish,it's like a circus show 2 hours before dark...!!!

i went a couple of years ago to be honest i did not fancie the place but my mate kept reading mags about the place anyway we went but never again the lake is a puddle and its like fishing a dog walkers lake you are never left alone and the noise from the clubhouse drives you mad.sorry to [censored] on your fireworks mate my mate had 2 and me 1 but they were well rough fish mine had soars all over it.any way thats my take on it you might think different unless you try you will never know but good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Fished there last week,amazing place,saw a lot of fish about and most of them do look around the 25lb mark...!!

Found tim to be sound and he hires out tackle at good rates...!!!

There wasn't much out last week it was just to warm..!!

The one thing I did keep hearing was that they get caught mostly on Icelandic red boilies,but give maggot ago they go nuts for em...!!!

Not many come off the top they really are not interested..!!

Try and get a swim away from the caravans,I was in the corner swim and fed up of the holiday makers asking me if I had done any good,or trying to tell me how to fish for them..!!

Good look any way,oh and keep a couple of rods ready to cast at showing fish,it's like a circus show 2 hours before dark...!!!

Ahh, congratulations for finding the exclamation mark on your keyboard. Now don't touch it again or I'll twang you with an air dried monster crab.

Just got back only fished it once was too expensive and was fully booked as I didn't know you had to book didn't find Tom too helpful at time fished places around the IOW which were miles better. Few people did well some 30s and late 20s but fish were usually battered or had soures or cuts on them

• 5 weeks later...

I know this is a oldish post and you have already been but dont bother with rookley,theres some big fish in there but its a horrible place to fish....combley is MUCH better with over 50 30lb+ fish and 7 known 40+ carp to go at.

Its in the middle of nowhere and VERY peaceful,can be hard though and is weedy but well worth the effort,the carp in combley are STUNNING and the lake is very pritty,you need to book it in advance but its well worth it.

The trout lake is a little easyer than the carp lake and holds a good head of 20+ fish going up to over 30lb,one of the best lakes in the country imo :D