Adjustable zig rig help?

js12345

Been away from carp fishing, fishing all together for a good 3 years now and decided to get back into it. I'm having trouble with the adjustable zig rig. When i was fishing a few weeks ago i got talking to the guy in the next peg and he was fishing the adjustable zig rig with a 40g candle float (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271199609618?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)

So i thought id give it a try with the same float and a 2oz lead with the zig aligna. Im using my marker rod to get depth but when im using my zig rig the float isnt coming up to the surface at all. Im using a marker float ring rig (http://www.nashtackle.co.uk/uploads/optimized/thumb_2556_1299502429_1252011125.jpg) to attatch my lead so the line can flow through it smoothly. But the float isnt coming up? any ideas

im using the exact set up as this dude showed me and he was catching on it. Duno what im doing wrong this is a new concept to me. Cheers

Guest Anonymous
How far do you think you can cast with a fly line???????? :roll::roll::roll:

As far as the fly line and rod could reach, I'd say.

More to the point how far can you cast and not have a messy tangle in the water.

Other than that, do you have any fishing advice to offer or are you only here to play with the emoticons.

I would love to see you cast a fly 130yards

So would I.

That was my point..... A zig can be cast much further than a fly line, even when using a weight forward line and double hauling 25 yards is about as far as most people are capable of casting, myself included. As for advice is it any worse than being told to forget zigs and learn how to fly fish?? Really.

Guest Anonymous

So would I.

That was my point..... A zig can be cast much further than a fly line, even when using a weight forward line and double hauling 25 yards is about as far as most people are capable of casting, myself included. As for advice is it any worse than being told to forget zigs and learn how to fly fish?? Really.

It's pretty much the same thing, I know how far a fly rod casts to, how far can you put your zig out with say a 10' leader, the water is at it's deepest the further out you go.

So would I.

It's pretty much the same thing, I know how far a fly rod casts to, how far can you put your zig out with say a 10' leader, the water is at it's deepest the further out you go.

:? how is it the same thing? you can fish an adjustable zig starting at 1 foot off the bottom for an hour, then let another foot off for an hour and so on. can you use a fly and set it to fish and an exact depth for an hour at a time? at or fish at 50 60 yards plus? if you read the OP it is an adjustable zig so you would not have a ten foot hooklink. would you fish a 15 or 18mm boilie as a fly?.

to the OP i reckon the reason the float is not coming up is that it is tangling on the cast? as the rig is about to hit the water feather it by slowing down and stopping the rig which will throw you rig forwards and help stop it from tangling up

Guest Anonymous

So would I.

:? how is it the same thing? you can fish an adjustable zig starting at 1 foot off the bottom for an hour, then let another foot off for an hour and so on. can you use a fly and set it to fish and an exact depth for an hour at a time? at or fish at 50 60 yards plus? if you read the OP it is an adjustable zig so you would not have a ten foot hooklink. would you fish a 15 or 18mm boilie as a fly?.

to the OP i reckon the reason the float is not coming up is that it is tangling on the cast? as the rig is about to hit the water feather it by slowing down and stopping the rig which will throw you rig forwards and help stop it from tangling up

You again, will you delete the thread if i answer your post and it's pedantic content?

As i said a messy tangel on the cast, ajusta float or not, you are still fishing with a long leader.

Guest Anonymous
Why will you be fishing with a long leader ? do you understand what an adjustable zig is ?

Ok the amount of line you have poped up in the water at any given time could be very long. call it what you like, but it's still a large lenth of line.

Guest Anonymous

Notice how none of the resident trolls posted in this thread untill they could get all pedantic, while at the same time offering no practical advice what so ever?

Guest Anonymous
But you don't have to cast the lenth of the depth you are fishing , again do you understand how an adjustable zig works ?

Do you undrstand what pendantic means?

Your fool proof ajusta float seem a tad esay to tangle, either on the cast or when you ajust the lenth of line/leader/hook length

Guest Anonymous
Notice how none of the resident trolls posted in this thread untill they could get all pedantic, while at the same time offering no practical advice what so ever?

And you believe what you have said is practical advise ?

Yeah if you want to catch Carp on a fly/zig/artificial hook bait.

So would I.

You again, will you delete the thread if i answer your post and it's pedantic content?

As i said a messy tangel on the cast, ajusta float or not, you are still fishing with a long leader.

i have never deleted a thread that you have posted on, deleted a few of your posts but not a thread. you need to go away and have a search to learn a LOT more about fishing and in particular on this thread what an adjustable zig is all about

But you don't have to cast the lenth of the depth you are fishing , again do you understand how an adjustable zig works ?

Do you undrstand what pendantic means?

Your fool proof ajusta float seem a tad esay to tangle, either on the cast or when you ajust the lenth of line/leader/hook length

Yes

No one said anyting about it being foolproof , not sure what that has to do with anything .

Tie sum pva tape around the zig float and nick ur hook in to the pva it wont ever tangle. medium sunken pike floats from fox i find best as the one end has siliocone tube which can be used to sexi fix the float to the hook link and and the silicone is ideal to wrap pva foam or tape around to nick the nick the hook in to.

Guest Anonymous

So would I.

i have never deleted a thread that you have posted on, deleted a few of your posts but not a thread. you need to go away and have a search to learn a LOT more about fishing and in particular on this thread what an adjustable zig is all about

No i don't, i have no use for ajusta floats, i offered an alternative way on catching with fly baits, all of a sudden the zig rig pros have a opinion, funny that.

None of my posts have ever been out side of the rules for this site, you just didn't like the content.

Either that or send me a copy of the deleted post and point out where it breaks the rules, you know the stuff that's kept in the staff section, every forum has one. other than swear words that is.

you go out of your way time and time again to wind people up. even bringing up a 5 and half year old thrad to have a pop at a member that is no longer on here. you do it all the time which is why some of your posts have been deleted, because you have a pop and are out of order. if that happens then me or another mod will delete a post. thats how forums work

So would I.

No i don't, i have no use for ajusta floats, i offered an alternative way on catching with fly baits, all of a sudden the zig rig pros have a opinion, funny that.

None of my posts have ever been out side of the rules for this site, you just didn't like the content.

Either that or send me a copy of the deleted post and point out where it breaks the rules, you know the stuff that's kept in the staff section, every forum has one. other than swear words that is.

I don't like your content. It's ill informed and misleading. Not sure if you're trolling, or just stupid.

Guest Anonymous
you go out of your way time and time again to wind people up. even bringing up a 5 and half year old thrad to have a pop at a member that is no longer on here. you do it all the time which is why some of your posts have been deleted, because you have a pop and are out of order. if that happens then me or another mod will delete a post. thats how forums work

If you can say that you can also point it out in practical terms and no i bumped a thread i found while serching for west midlands carp venues, a thread that was nothing more than pure bile, the site staff should of canned it five and a half years ago.

Guest Anonymous

So would I.

I don't like your content. It's ill informed and misleading. Not sure if you're trolling, or just stupid.

Well my first post in this thread is simple enough, my own views on fishing with a fly set up for carp, that is not too hard to catch on, there fore enjoying your time on the bank as opposed to getting all baffaled over a ajusta float, like i said, simple :)