Warwickshire night fishing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have listed a few local venues that allow night fishing, please add any others you may know of in the Warwick, West midlands region.

These are the ones i'm planning on visiting next week

5 ways Lakes, Coventry road Wolvey, no web site.

Lakeside again in Wolvey, see web site below

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/lakeside/

Dog Lane in Napton, always liked the over all look of Dog Lane, lovely views.

http://www.doglanefishery.co.uk/

Hopsford hall, again in Wolvey, not too sure about that one, I not none for being cool with other people casting into my swim or across my lines. I had it the last time I was at pine pool, couple of teen agers dropped off for a days fishing, so I bit my lip, cus i'd of done the same at that age

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/hopsford/

Hoar Park over in Nuneaton now Jersey Wood

http://www.jerseywoodfishery.co.uk/jwfish/index.php

Barston is booked for next weekend so no good there, as i want to fish until saturday afternoon.

If you have any previous on these venues, post 'em. :)

Guest Anonymous

After a bit of a reccy around the web :lol: Dogs lane is a head by a whisker, I know some of yous have fished it before, so if anyone knows the depths of the bottom, as in is it leval all the way across or are some parts deeper than others?

I have been lead to belive there is not much weed on the clay bottom?

Guest Anonymous

The Forum seems to have gone quiet of late?

Come on, some one give us a review on Dog lane, like whats the best chinky in that great metropolis known as Southam?

I'll do a swapsies, a couple of good pegs at Pine pool for the same at Dog lane, and I don't mean the reed pegs every one runs to in the morning.

Carpbell i have never fished any of those, but i thought i would comment as your feeling a bit lonely on the forum, hot weather, a lot of people are either fishing or making the most of the weather mate, someone will be along soon, im sure :)

Guest Anonymous
Carpbell i have never fished any of those, but i thought i would comment as your feeling a bit lonely on the forum, hot weather, a lot of people are either fishing or making the most of the weather mate, someone will be along soon, im sure :)

Meh, for what is meant to be the high tech end of angling, you'd think places like this and others would be full of good reviews and topographical lake maps.

One of the other carp forums has gone off line, not surprised though, the lay out is terrible.

I take your just pottering around the garden and what not this weekend too?

There is a Uk company that does lake mapping, most of their maps are for the south though, here's a link to a sample map, they look the dogs.

http://www.contourmapfishing.co.uk/Sample3.jpg

Guest Anonymous
Try Leamington Anglers Association

http://www.leamington-angling.co.uk/

have a look at jubilee,

I do like the look of that pool, nice and big with lots of trees and stuff. Plus it's close to home and only 3 bucks per day. If it wasn't for wanting to get back up to Kingsbury from mid august onwards I probably would be going there.

Dunno about one of their other pools though, gets real popular with dog walkers or something like that. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Gotta say looks like there are some good lumps in jubilee pools, used to fish the Avon up at Ryton years back on the Lemington book.

Anyway, that's me, gonna get ready to go watch the fish sun bathing for a day or two

I've night fished Dog Lane, didn't catch any carp as they were spawning (should have checked first, schoolboy error :oops: )

Did have a couple of cracking sturgeon, 13lb and 10lb which scrap like a carp twice the size.

As for Southam, there is a good chinky and a chip shop on the main drag through town, and Southam Country Stores sells pellets, boilies, groundbait and various tinned stuff like sweetcorn and hemp as well lots of pet foods in a pick'n'mix way that could be mixed into groundbaits.

You forgot Bishops Bowl which is just outside Southam, they have night fishing on two lakes. Anglers Hideaway which is nearby too has night fishing but they don't have any carp over about 11lb according to the owner.

Guest Anonymous
Clattercote Resevoir and Lavender Hall both night fish too.

I have not yet fished Lavender Hall but do intend to at some point, the railway is a bit off putting.

I was up there yesterday to use the shop, the place was packed with match anglers, a few on the bottom pool too, they are all Sticky baits fans on there, they clean the stock out as soon as it gets in, real nice people run the place and that reflects in the over all feel of the place.

Guest Anonymous

In the words of the great man him self “ I'll be back” Dog lane is a real nice place with sensible rules.

Plus you can take the missis with you as a guest but no non angling guests are allowed as a rule, there's a camp site for those wanting to camp but not fish, so the gaffer is on the ball with that one.

Next time I go I’m gonna set my big Vango tent up in the camp site as a base for BBQs and what not and they have proper toilets and shower.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Im in the WM looking for a night fishing venue, but Im relatively inexperienced so not looking for somewhere too difficult.

Would like a good shot at landing an upper double, maybe even a 20.

Any suggestions?

Hia Chadz, sorry I have only just seen your post, Dog lane is a very good venue, if you have a twenty out of there you are doing really well, plus the gaffer is a real nice bloke.

Barston is another, same again, I'd say if you can get on to a twenty at barston, good fishing.

I'm getting out this week, barston has a three day match on so I might go Dog lane, or try some place new, I have been looking at Hopsford hall?

Quick update, called into Hopsford today for a reccy, looks real nice and just what you would like to see in an old estate lake.
You need to book in advance for night fishing as they limit the numbers on the lake, it also states night fishing is for regulars only, I have not phoned them yet so don't know how strict they are with that, from what I could gather from another guy fishing it was more to control the weekend numbers.
There is also a hook size rule nothing bigger than a size 8, I prefer to use a size 6, but I can live with that.
They also would like to see any particles you are using.
They let dogs in as well  :mrgreen:

Quick update, called into Hopsford today for a reccy, looks real nice and just what you would like to see in an old estate lake.

They let dogs in as well  :mrgreen:

Hey this is a fishing forum not a dating site :) :) :)

Well that's me in Hopsford next week, I have read both good and bad reviews, from what I was told by another angler yesterday was they now limit the numbers on the weekends, no more than seven anglers night fishing. sounds about right
There are some real nice fish in there from what I have seen on the fisheries web site, rats? my dog loves rats :mrgreen: plus the lake is in the middle of farm land, bound to be a lot of rats there.

Well that's me in Hopsford next week, I have read both good and bad reviews, from what I was told by another angler yesterday was they now limit the numbers on the weekends, no more than seven anglers night fishing. sounds about right

There are some real nice fish in there from what I have seen on the fisheries web site, rats? my dog loves rats :mrgreen: plus the lake is in the middle of farm land, bound to be a lot of rats there.

Happy days mate keep us informed .