Knots using braid

fordmad1

The double loop knot is the only one that dosnt slip on me breaks at the knot.

5 turn grinner i usually use and through the swivel twice but if pulled hard it does slip.

Maybe im just OTT with how hard im pulling them as i doubt any fish i catch will put the link under that much pressure

Blob of super glue works, you can also stiffen the braid a bit at the swivel end.

I must admit that I don't like Superglue anywhere near my rigs as it has a tendency after immersion in the water to crack and break. Since it has gotten into the fibres they can also then break.

The simple solution I have found with Uni and Grinner knots is to lubricate, then work then tight and then pull them as hard as you can to test them.

A simple answer to prevent slippage can be to lighter blob the tag end, or in the tag end tie a simple overhand knot. It stops the tag end then pulling back through the knot itself.

A well tied (twice through the eye) grinner with at least 5 turns should not slip at all. If you are still having problems with braid try a Palomar knot at the swivel. This knot is especially suited to smooth braids and will not slip if tied correctly even under extreme load.

When tying the Grinner, pay close attention to forming the "barrel" of the knot and ensure all the turns are level and do not overlap one another. Knot slippage is usually down to a poorly tied knot. You MUST lubricate the knot well with saliva before tightening gradually and evenly.

Hope this helps...