Carp syndicates leicester/ northampton area?

matt i have read most of your posts and most of them arnt worth the effort to read yawn!!(bar the odd constructive one included your last) but if you think attending a social and posting on every given topic and quite often in an obnoxous way gives you kudos over others you are wrong. would love to have attended a social with some of the old lads on here( now long gone),but was working out in france at a fishery all last season(doing it not typing about it lol) and my son was born in nov 2012 so havent had much time for fishing or to contrbute since then but have regularly kept tabs on the forum . But believe!! with the way your posts come across i wouldnt of been happy to fish along side you anyways!! remember no one likes a know it all. dave[/url]

Matt get your head from up your own arse, do you want to make this forum clicky ? what are we supposed to do ? join, ask stupid questions and suck up to you for a month before we are allowed to ask the questions we really want to ?

I too wouldn't want to fish anywhere you were fishing if that it your attitude, I for one am here to help others and learn not to bow down to the masters of the forum.

Oh dear ..... It seems a few of you have been quite upset about matts comments .....

It's not a clicky forum .... Never has been since I've been a member ....

I can see people's point how matt has come over but..... A simple introduction and background and getting to know a few members is what he was on about I think ??

I've fished with matt and my only prob with him was that he also drank Guinness which ment less for me :?:lol:

Now I think all this prob started when matt asked for more info from a member before giving away syndicate details .... And I agree with him ....

Lets say I'm johnny asbo and I'm after sum quality fishing gear to rob to make a few $$$$ so I come on a forum and ask hiya I'm lookin for a quiet water/syndicate that's got big fish but isn't so busy .... We all reply and tell him the puddle at the end of the lane is dead quiet only a few anglers on at any one time with the chance of a good fish ( hence good kit)

So me and my 2 lager lout mates do a night trip have you off and move on to the next victim....

Now I'm not suggesting that is the case with this member but ...... It's always a possibility ...

I've seen matt help people on this forum before and it looks like there's a bit of a witch hunt going on here ....

And that's not what the forum is all about ....

Welcome to the forum Niall 8)

If i was on the rob i wouldnt be going to the little lakes around leicester id be going for the big boys kit on the exspensive waters where i know theyve got the money lol. Not saying your accuseing me but i aint daft either. Now boys lets play nice lol. Any1 had any decent fish out this weekend? I aint bin out took my daughter to her first seaside.

If i was on the rob i wouldnt be going to the little lakes around leicester id be going for the big boys kit on the exspensive waters where i know theyve got the money lol. Not saying your accuseing me but i aint daft either. Now boys lets play nice lol. Any1 had any decent fish out this weekend? I aint bin out took my daughter to her first seaside.

I was being sarcastic saying that mate about the little waters but I hope you see my point :wink: .... Me I've not fished for 3 weeks now .... Work and my allotment has put paid to that ....

Seaside with the little one is better than any fishing session :wink:

Well in mate 8)

• 2 months later...
Perhaps a tad harsh...

He's only looking for a local venue with no idiots. Something we all have tried to find surely? OK, an intro is always nice but is it essential before asking a question?

I'd have him in my syndicate - anyone with 5K to spend on tackle must surely have ample beer supplies stashed in the boot!

Seriously though, play nicely please or you're both grounded... :lol:

Well in that case a syndicate wouldn't be the best choice , lol.

No worries - plug away on the water your on - it's all good!

Beedles is a nice lake, can be weedy - but good practice.

Willesley has good numbers of 20's few 30's as far as I've heard.

Look up Nene Valley Fisheries - seems an interesting up and coming complex - worth a look for sure :wink: also Stanwick Fishery has a few syndic lakes - 2 being not far from the M1

One has no fish and the other is like the venue from hell , dirty and vastly overrated..

Sorry , Nene valley and Stanwick are the venues I am referring too.

You could be right but Nene Valley own a few others if what I'm told is right, the 2 Ditchford lakes that were previously on the Nene Valley AC Ticket - both very nice from memory - and another that was syndicate and could hold a few whackers. Seems Nene Valley has potential to me.

Stanwick seems OK for a day ticket.

I suggest these two venues because they seem OK and a good option for someone's first taste of the area. It can be difficult to get on the best waters.

Sorry , Nene valley and Stanwick are the venues I am referring too.

You could be right but Nene Valley own a few others if what I'm told is right, the 2 Ditchford lakes that were previously on the Nene Valley AC Ticket - both very nice from memory - and another that was syndicate and could hold a few whackers. Seems Nene Valley has potential to me.

Stanwick seems OK for a day ticket.

I suggest these two venues because they seem OK and a good option for someone's first taste of the area. It can be difficult to get on the best waters.

As I always say to people new to the area , if you start walking on the water from Northampton you will not need to touch dry land until you get to the other side of Peterborough , or , if it rains heavily enough in the county and there is puddle in the road for more than two weeks there will ne a twenty in it lol.

Stanwick has the unfortunate luck to attract the very worst of the carp fraternity , on my last visit it looked like a landfill site , litter everywhere. As for nene valley a quick check of their facebook page shows a strange pricing policy and plenty of hyperbole and yet very few pics of actual fish caught on this un-tapped? water.There are fish in there but the real gems left in the floods or are swimming around in waters that they must have gone too on their holidays and decided to stay permantly , if you get my drift. Northamptonshire has carp everywhere!

As I always say to people new to the area , if you start walking on the water from Northampton you will not need to touch dry land until you get to the other side of Peterborough , or , if it rains heavily enough in the county and there is puddle in the road for more than two weeks there will ne a twenty in it lol.

Stanwick has the unfortunate luck to attract the very worst of the carp fraternity , on my last visit it looked like a landfill site , litter everywhere. As for nene valley a quick check of their facebook page shows a strange pricing policy and plenty of hyperbole and yet very few pics of actual fish caught on this un-tapped? water.There are fish in there but the real gems left in the floods or are swimming around in waters that they must have gone too on their holidays and decided to stay permantly , if you get my drift. Northamptonshire has carp everywhere!

I did an overnighter on a free water just before the Nene Valley lakes - along the nightmare track, I only had bream but saw what I think was a big carp under my rod tips late at night. Is rumoured to contain a 40 ghostie - so my mate said at the time. Would like another go there TBH - felt exciting not knowing what if anything was in there.

Used to fish the Ditchford lakes for pike 20+ years ago, loved those 2 lakes - very overgrown and wild.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fish the day ticket trinity lake Iv had about 7 different low 20s I'm going there fri -sun u can get on the complex syndicate east but don't start till march Frankie's has some lovely fish in it up to 38 witch a friend of mine has had in the shape of a lovely linea mirror the hope lake syndicate has qwite a big waiting list there is 4 fish in there that top 40+ at the right time of the year. If u get a chance pop down the kettle will be boiling

• 6 years later...
On 23/10/2013 at 19:18, niall2809 said:

Hi mate sorry for late reply. Yeh grendon looks interesting. You had much out? Can you get on the syndicates struggling to find any spaces for anywhere atm mate

HI  is Baston near peterborough close enough for you. Small syndicate two lakes. toilet on site park behind swim. 

Carp to 40lbs.  £250 a year. If interested pm me for details. Can get you on.