barbed or barbless

taza

I don't believe there illegal but a lot have lakes have banned them I always use a barbless hook less damage to the fish and if they break off at least the hook will leave eventually and not have to rust away I went to my local day ticket yesterday banned barbed my first fish a small 5 lb ghost lo and behold had a huge size 4 long shank barbed hook in its gob

I feel fully barbed hooks are very harsh on a fish when being unhooked, i use micro barbed hooks even if the fishery rules state barbless ( if i feel i can get away with it ) Problems arise because people do not seem to understand how to remove a hook with any kind of a barb on it.

Barbed for me unless I can't fish with them on a lake. Reason for using them is they don't cause problems for the fish a barbless hook is far more detrimental to a fishes mouth as they move a lot once hooked hence why you see so many carp now adays with no mouths etc. The only reason barbed hooks aren't allowed in my opinion is because people don't know how to get them out safely/properly!!!! But it really isn't that hard and once treated with abit of antiseptic where the hook has been saves the fishes mouth. Don't get me wrong everyone has there own opinion on this but I think barbed hooks should be used at all times for reasons stated and for those who don't know how to get them out learn there will be far less fish without mouths.

I use Barbless even if they allow barbs, less damage to the fish, don't lose that many anyway, no need for barbed in my opinion
there really REALLY is not less damage to the fish. Barbless move about and create big holes in a fishes mouth unlike micro barbed that take hold and stay there. Read through the link I put up and it will explain

There must be 5 miles of barbed vs barbless on here if anyone wanted to print it out! I often pinch the barbs back with my pliers, I suppose that would be like a 'micro baeb'. Anyone who has run a barbed hook into their finger can attest to the ease of removing barbless in contrast, (at least on humans).