Hopsford hall

Hi all I have had alook through the search and can't really find any info as such about this place. Iam fishing here for 48 hours in a couple of weeks and would just like abit of info on the place I.e baits,swims etc. I had a quick walk around yesterday but it was overcast and starting to rain so and there were no fish showing thanks in advance for any info :wink:

Tight lines

Willow 8)

Hi Willow, I know nothing about this fishery but I've just looked it up on www.fisheries.co.uk and it certainly looks and sounds like a cracking place.

£20 a night is entirely reasonable and stock levels are good.

I might have a go on there myself later this year. I'm glad you asked the question!

Ian

Edit. Just had a look at the place on Google Earth. Very nice, out in the back of beyond and surrounded by open countryside.

Hi Willow, I know nothing about this fishery but I've just looked it up on www.fisheries.co.uk and it certainly looks and sounds like a cracking place.

I might have a go on there myself later this year. I'm glad you asked the question!

Ian

Edit. Just had a look at the place on Google Earth. Very nice, out in the back of beyond and surrounded by open countryside.

Thanks for that welder I have seen it on that website too there is alittle bit of info on there but what I was after is abit of anglers knowledge of the place. Iam not asking for anyone to give away there secrets about the place but I would like to know what gets them going and what parts of the lake have been producing. I have my eye on one or two swims on there after I went for a walk around yesterday just wondering if my instincts are still intact lol.

Ian

Thanks for that welder I have seen it on that website too there is alittle bit of info on there but what I was after is abit of anglers knowledge of the place. Iam not asking for anyone to give away there secrets about the place but I would like to know what gets them going and what parts of the lake have been producing. I have my eye on one or two swims on there after I went for a walk around yesterday just wondering if my instincts are still intact lol.

Trust your instincts, find the fish, feed them and catch them. It's fairly open ground around there so I'd check out the wind direction upon arrival. I'd face a warmer breeze and fish under my rod tips. A cooler wind would find me fishing off the back of it and looking for sheltered areas as fish holding havens.

Hey, just go and fish it and let us know how you fared. Enjoy!

Ian

Hi, I have fished Hopsford about a dozen or so times over the past year, its a very patchy water, I've blanked there and i've had a dozen doubles in a day, biggest i've had is 20lb 2oz, boilies, pellets seem to work as does sweetcorn in the margins if its quiet. Weekends get very busy, the place gets packed, its a common sight to see lines getting crossed and arguments following, rats have been known to be a problem, especially overnight. My advice would be and I follow it myself now is only fish Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and be gone by fri evening. As it gets hammered over the weekend you can imagine the amount of bait that goes in and it seems to take until midweek to recover, even on a Friday by lunchtime people will be asking how long your staying and will sit and wait for you to pack up !!!! I live in Hinckley just up the road from Hopsford, how far are you away as there are better waters in the area.

Hi, I have fished Hopsford about a dozen or so times over the past year, its a very patchy water, I've blanked there and i've had a dozen doubles in a day, biggest i've had is 20lb 2oz, boilies, pellets seem to work as does sweetcorn in the margins if its quiet. Weekends get very busy, the place gets packed, its a common sight to see lines getting crossed and arguments following, rats have been known to be a problem, especially overnight. My advice would be and I follow it myself now is only fish Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and be gone by fri evening. As it gets hammered over the weekend you can imagine the amount of bait that goes in and it seems to take until midweek to recover, even on a Friday by lunchtime people will be asking how long your staying and will sit and wait for you to pack up !!!! I live in Hinckley just up the road from Hopsford, how far are you away as there are better waters in the area.

Thanks for that pal I live in Cosby the lad I work with recommended this place so I thought I would give it a go. Like I said I had a walk around and it looks like a decent little lake but saying that and like you have said it does look quite tight and if it gets packed I can see it being a problem you would think that people would have some sence though to be fair.

Yeah, I think most of the problems stem from the natural shape of the lake, a lot of swims are angled in such a way that looking out in a straight line crosses over from looking out in a straight from other swims, as you can imagine most people want to chuck to the island. Also with the end near the car park being quite narrow, this also seems to cause problems. Like I said it is a nice place and can fish very well on occasions, just try to pick your times and try to avoid weekends.

Cheers for the replys lads been down for alook again today only 3 on there which was a surprise!! Seen a few fish boshing about so the signs are good they are certainly active seems like a few have been caught from all over the lake just recently aswell. Going early on a Friday untill the sunday so hopefully the chosen swim is not taken and I can get in there and have a few out :D

Tight lines

Willow :D

Cheers for the replys lads been down for alook again today only 3 on there which was a surprise!! Seen a few fish boshing about so the signs are good they are certainly active seems like a few have been caught from all over the lake just recently aswell. Going early on a Friday untill the sunday so hopefully the chosen swim is not taken and I can get in there and have a few out :D

Tight lines

Willow :D

I was there on Monday 17th threw to 18th, I blanked but my mate had too one at 19lb 12oz and one at 12lb 12oz. It has been hard fishing since they finished spawning two weeks ago. Gud luck for your vist and hope you have better luck than me. :oops:

I fished there on the 15th while my syndic is closed... . first and last trip. had 1 low to mid double , didn't weigh it, thing was mangled........ The lady who collected money recons could be up to 20 anglers some weekends !!!!!!

few folk that were on were casting exactly where they wanted , walking off leaving rods in, general very bad standard of angling....

this place is the reason I don't do day tickets, if this is all I had I wouldn't bother going

I fished there on the 15th while my syndic is closed... . first and last trip. had 1 low to mid double , didn't weigh it, thing was mangled........ The lady who collected money recons could be up to 20 anglers some weekends !!!!!!

few folk that were on were casting exactly where they wanted , walking off leaving rods in, general very bad standard of angling....

this place is the reason I don't do day tickets, if this is all I had I wouldn't bother going

Think I actually spoke to you that day you were there were you fishing the bottom end??? there were 3 of us that came for a walk around. It's a shame the place gets hammered as it is a nice lake I mean I haven't fished it yet so can't really comment on the amount of anglers that fish it I just hope they stay away when we are due to fish as can't be doing with people that leave rods unattended and just cast where they want. I will tell you one thing if they start doing things like that whilst iam fishing it there will be a few words exchanged. Iam quite looking forward to fishing the place to be honest but like I said I just hope all the n*b heads stay away for the weekend. You are not the only one to have said about this though I have heard a few stories but what can you do?? It's upto the owner to limit the amount of people on there at anyone time and for a lake that size it should be limited to a very few but as well all know its about the wonga and the angler and dare I say the fish are the ones that suffer due to this. But saying that the place will end up getting a bad name in the future and people will stay away so something has to be done in my opinion. But like I said I can't really comment on the place properly just yet as iam yet to fish it I just hope all goes well on my session there :D

Tight lines

Willow 8)

yes mate think we did chat....like you said , money is the reason they wont limit the anglers. greed...

I hope the fools stay away and you have a good session mate.

Cheers pal and yeah I just hope they stay away aswell :evil: I will do a write up when I have been to let you all know how I have got on.

• 3 years later...