Seeswood Pool

Hello and welcome to the forum. I was down to be a member there this year but I heard too many horror stories about the place. There are not that many Carp in there despite the stories. Not sure what the bit is thats sticking out probably a home made snag of some sort. Access is not easy and the small car park gets very muddy when it rains. There is also a bit of an issue with the evening youth of the area.

I know its probably not what you wanted to hear but never mind.

No worries matt. Ive been down twice this week asking around and got a lot of mixed reviews. One guy said don't bother ive been on here 3 years and had one carp!? Then the guy 3 pegs down from him said that this was his second year, he'd had two already and last year he had 8 fish to 27lb. And a bloke that's posted on another forum that he'd done even better and banked 12/13 fish from 6 mid week overnighters. Seems that there to be caught but you've got to put the work in to catch them. From what ive seen when ive been up the trees down the snag end theirs some nice looking fish in their. Looks a challenging place tbh, With most pegs not fish-able without waders, needs a lot of work doing to it IMO.

Just got back from doing 2 nights. Think I spoke to you.(I've done 3 years 1 carp) that's me. Anyway reason for posting is my car was broke into and radio was stolen.! Scumbags, as for the fishing- blank. Seeswood is fast becoming a waste of time.

I agree there are a couple of good carp in there.

Very sorry to hear that mate! There was some 'chavy' types over the other side by the island the day i was their. playing drum and base, drinking and had nasty looking staffy tied up... Wish ive found this out before really as we've already sent off for a permit 2/3 weeks ago ahaha

There's a few of that type I'm afraid. They just get slaughtered. Security is a problem. I Can't help but feel vulnerable up there as your so isolated. Especially fishing the Nuneaton bank as I tend to do. It's a shame because its just what I wanted, low stock, unknown fish, hard fishing. 100 times better then pet fish in commercials ! But like I said seeswood is fast becoming less of a pull to me.

Slaughtered anglers and local scumbags I can do without.

I got that feeling from just walking around the place. If it's defiantly a lake i wont be fishing alone, it'll be with a mate or not at all. I can't see why the owner hasn't done something about it before. It's a lovely lake it just needs a bit work done to it and he would attract a hell of lot more people down their.