Venue with gete

mrcarp

Hi Guys,

Im after a venue with accomadation for 2 families, for the summer holiday period, so from 22nd july to the following 6 weeks.

Can anyone recomend a venue, with good fishing and good facilities for children etc?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Try Les Kaolins in Brittany:

They have a 6-berth mobile home on site and there is a 3 bed/2 bath gite at the entrance to the fishery.

There are 4 lakes totalling 35 acres with wild carp, roach, pike and perch i.e. something for everyone. Only the main lake has been stocked recently with mirrors to 40lbs+, cats and sturgeon.

I was there last week, fished the main lake and had 17 fish, including a 32lb mirror and 3 cats. I was expecting a lot more fish, as this is a runs water, but a sudden cold spell put them off. You'll be OK in July though.

Although the carp were slow the lake was alive with roach. A kiddie of about 6 was knocking them out wholesale in the next swim. Apparently one of his roach was grabbed by a pike, his dad took over the rod but it bit through the line. He was so excited that he couldn't wait to tell me about it - the kid, not the dad, LOL!!!

Best of luck with it.