advice on a 'hard' bedchair

I spent last night on a horrendous bedchair, namely a cheap starbaits one. This was made slightly better by a 38lb 12oz mirror at 10.45 last night but my back now hurts like hell.

I have around 150 absolute maximum to spend and need a hard bedchair, i can't sleep on a soft mattress so i'm after the equivalent in bedchair form. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to which one would suit me.

Thanks in advance Alex.

Guest Nhawkeye
I spent last night on a horrendous bedchair, namely a cheap starbaits one. This was made slightly better by a 38lb 12oz mirror at 10.45 last night but my back now hurts like hell.

I have around 150 absolute maximum to spend and need a hard bedchair, i can't sleep on a soft mattress so i'm after the equivalent in bedchair form. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to which one would suit me.

Thanks in advance Alex.

Have you tried tightening up the bungee chords on the bedchair?

I know what you mean about a firmer bed!!

If you get some additional bungee cord and "reinforce" the bed it should firm it a bit - wrap it between the metal sides then under the bit your rear-end goes on, did my Nash wide-boy with 10m of 5mm bungee and it's better now.

Next step for me will be a sofa support under the mattress (like the one in this ebay listing: 300890906291)

ive decided to splash some cash and have ordered the avid restbite x. i like the idea of just the head bit tilting, a trapped nerve and sciatica means a straight back is preferable, looks properly confortable, will be delivered next friday...just in time for the next haulathon with a bit of luck.

• 10 months later...

Had the avid for a while now and it is truely awesome, does weigh a ton tho and is huge, need to find a sleeping bag that fits on it better as my big snooze is getting ripped to bits by me stretching it round the ends, really need to carry a chair for the days too, unless like me there is plenty of time for naps.