Makins or Barston ?

You could also try Blythe waters or lavender hall days only at Blythe but lavender is 24h

I hear Blythe waters is good but the bailiff is a bit of a pain or is that old news ?

Lavender hall look's good might give that a go.

Has anyone tried Lakeside i have seen a few old post's saying it is a waste of time but not sure how it is going now.

Thank's for you help leggs007 much appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Having fished both waters in the past few years, I would go with Barston. Makins is a good place too, but Barston is more relaxed and has better opening times. I'm thinking of doing most of my fishing at Hopsford hall this year.

When I was up Barston on Saturday there was a lot of carp coming out, one guy had five fish by the afternoon the largest was 18lb, pretty good I thought for this time of year, I was not fishing, just out with the dog.

Lol, Barston is stuffed with F1s, has been for a number of years now. Still a good place for a 20lb + fish though. I was surprised by just how busy it was on Saturday, that and the fish were showing, some anglers up there where doing over night, still a bit cold for that.

It's the opening times that put me off makins.

Lavender Hall is fishing well too, my neighbour works there says there have been a few good fish out already this year, it has been a mild winter though. 

Hows you been keeping Bivvystreet, been out yet this year? or are you like me and waiting for the weather to heat up a bit.  

Hopefully so.
Haven't been out since last August, took my nephew to barston, little git ran the legs off me, so I have spent the last six months giving up smoking, didn't fancy the temptation of a quick ciggie while out on the bank side, i'm pretty much set as a non smoker now, so i'll be back out soon.
My nephew had a nice mirror out, so I sent his photo into the Angling Times, he was well chuffed, got a certificate back from them.

Edited by Carpbell_ll