what to put in your tackle box

spagmiester

Hi all, after a couple of years away from carp fishing I've decided to have another go at it and was wondering what was considered to be essential in your tackle box as far as terminal tackle eg hooks and hooklink material. I'm asking this so as I don't go and waste any money on gimicks I have a rough idea as to what I want / need. I know that one man junk is another mans treasure but like I said what do you consider important/essential

Swivels: barrel, snap links, quick change links

Bait stops: where grass is not good enough - spaghetti, the coloured stops that look like corn etc., quick stops; Korum or Drennan with their pusher tool in various colours and sizes

Baiting needles: Long, short, latching (and, as above, pusher tool for quick stops)

Leads: or weights of various shapes sizes

PVA: with funnel tubing - some use bags which have been improved recently so don't discount the idea if you have a bad time with it before

Bait: tinned meat, maggots, particles, bread and maybe boilies (a complete minefield in and of itself) depending on where you are fishing; keep it simple location is still number one requirement

Practice at home tying the rigs: A metaphorical one really but still needed

then there is the Korda Krusher and the Korda Kutter and the Korda knot tying thingy and the Korda knot unpicker and the Korda boilie stops and the Korda guide to munga mix and a signed topless photo of Danny and Ali on holiday in Cap D Age.

My tackle box is a complete mess, and almost definitely contains rubbish I rarely or simply don't use :roll::oops:

The important stuff:

A (100m) spool of Preston Reflo 10lb mono, Berkeley XL 7lb mono, 4lb mono, a spool of (Kryston) Mantis, Merlin and then Amnesia in 15, 20 and 30lb, for stiff links and the occasional shockleader.

About 25 leads in 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3ozs.

Baiting needles (of which I have too many and various types), stringer needle.

Run rings and quick link clips etc, a couple of spinlinks and a few found lead clips.

Couple of packets of hooks.

Dental floss, putty and a few shot, boilie stops (raided from fire extinguisher tags when I used to work as a technician).

The rest of the Tackle box not just the Rig Making equipment

Image000.jpg

My tackle box is a complete mess, and almost definitely contains rubbish I rarely or simply don't use :roll::oops:

The important stuff:

A (100m) spool of Preston Reflo 10lb mono, Berkeley XL 7lb mono, 4lb mono, a spool of (Kryston) Mantis, Merlin and then Amnesia in 15, 20 and 30lb, for stiff links and the occasional shockleader.

About 25 leads in 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3ozs.

Baiting needles (of which I have too many and various types), stringer needle.

Run rings and quick link clips etc, a couple of spinlinks and a few found lead clips.

Couple of packets of hooks.

Dental floss, putty and a few shot, boilie stops (raided from fire extinguisher tags when I used to work as a technician).

The rest of the Tackle box not just the Rig Making equipment

Image000.jpg

blimey nick,that's some organised chaos :shock::wink: