STUPID WEATHER

nathanhuynh

Anybody noticed the TERRABLE weather this march. I still have daydreams on the bank of last march, then again I don't really suffer from cold, my coleman sorts that out! Anybody got any suggestions on how to warm up the bivvy? I have a fear of putting my coleman inside becuse of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Anybody noticed the TERRABLE weather this march. I still have daydreams on the bank of last march, then again I don't really suffer from cold, my coleman sorts that out! Anybody got any suggestions on how to warm up the bivvy? I have a fear of putting my coleman inside becuse of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Hot water bottle and decent cold weather gear :wink:

Hot water bottle and decent cold weather gear :wink:

I agree. Wear more layers & forget the heating.

I use a nice set of gotex battery powered gloves/socks with a coleman to heat myself outside but in the bivvy when I try to get rest I find that the air aroung my face is simply biting my face!
Try a balaclava Nathan, then when someone pops there head round your Bivvy for a chat you get to laugh at the expression on there face :lol:

I use a nice set of gotex battery powered gloves/socks with a coleman to heat myself outside but in the bivvy when I try to get rest I find that the air aroung my face is simply biting my face!
Try a balaclava Nathan, then when someone pops there head round your Bivvy for a chat you get to laugh at the expression on there face :lol:
:lol::lol:

as for my hooks I use fox arma point hook or nash fangs which i sharpen with a point doctor and a mega scope.

You're gonna have to sharpen them a lot if you're relying on that to keep you warm :lol:

Size 24 fine wire should do the trick lol

If it wasn't for my stove keeping the air in the bivvy warm, I would have been knackerd this weekend. Was fine once in the bag though.

I then had a light bulb moment; the car, with a full tank of fuel, was 12ft behind the bivvies!!! It's amazing how a quick 5 minute warm in hot air can keep you going!

No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. Old and corny, but true. I've fished in some really cold weather this winter and I've been absoloutely fine. For me a twin skin bivvy is essential, although I knmow some nutters on here do all weathers under a brolly.

When the weather is this cold I use a sleeping bag and a bivvy blanket, and it makes a big difference. The sleeping bag prevents cold and draughts coming up from under the bedchair.

Differing ideas on using a stove to keep the bivvy warm but id stay away from doing it completely. Ok you might be using it sensibly but someone else who reads this might not. I remember thinking i was using mine sensibly a year or two ago and the next morning had the worst headache ever. So much so i went home. I reckon it was definitely due to nearly killing myself.

Agree on the sensible clothing bit too... just wish i had some!

Differing ideas on using a stove to keep the bivvy warm but id stay away from doing it completely. Ok you might be using it sensibly but someone else who reads this might not. I remember thinking i was using mine sensibly a year or two ago and the next morning had the worst headache ever. So much so i went home. I reckon it was definitely due to nearly killing myself.

Agree on the sensible clothing bit too... just wish i had some!

Doesn't cost a lot if you buy army surplus instead of branded fishing gear.

As for using a stove in a bivvy, on the whole it's a pretty bad idea, but I have on ocasion brought the stove inside, just to warm up frozen feet, also occasionally make an early morning brew in the bivvy, but would never, ever just leave the stove on to warm up the bivvy, or leave it in anyway unattended, just not worth it.

I have used a stove to take the chill off the air but wouldnt recommend it all told (I have to say that due to the level of donuts out there in blame and claim land).....Im one of the fools Theo mentions with a brolly....this is perfectly ok with a bed roll on your bedchair to create a thermal gap...and a quality bag and cover...job done....keep the kettle busy for water bottles and brews is the best way...heat your core :wink:

I have used a stove to take the chill off the air but wouldnt recommend it all told (I have to say that due to the level of donuts out there in blame and claim land).....Im one of the fools Theo mentions with a brolly....this is perfectly ok with a bed roll on your bedchair to create a thermal gap...and a quality bag and cover...job done....keep the kettle busy for water bottles and brews is the best way...heat your core :wink:

Misquoted again :roll::lol: I said nutters not fools. I don't have you marked down as a fool, but a nutter . . . .maybe. :wink: