Camouflage

salokcinnodrog

Camouflage?

This thing for camouflaging tackle, is there really any need for it? Or in many cases people wearing Realtree when fishing 100metres out. Don't get me wrong, I wear DPM camouflaged jacket or combats at times, especially when stalking up close and personal, but will just as often be wearing black or green when on a long stay trip. I can understand we dont 'want' blue, red and yellow bivvies making the place look obvious, and trying to blend in with nature, but isn't camouflaging banksticks, buzzers, bedchairs, sleeping bags and your unhooking mat a bit over the top?

(PS, I know :wink: )

I know a little bit about camo :wink::lol: ....and can happily say nobody fishes in a situation where it is any more beneficial than straight forward drab colours....movement is more important than anything(quick eye movements especially, when stalking a fish tight in)

Each to their own I guess, it's all personal preference.

Although guilty of owning a real tree jacket that I absolutely love and has got me through the last 5 years its done me proud, and couldn't give a rats ass why anybody else thought I looked like in it.

Although, camouflaged gear like reels and alarms arnt my cup of tea, although dont have any problems with people using them, again, personal preference.

Good thread all the camo couloured items you can buy are fine but some are poinless it all boils down too the people being more worried about how they look than actually being a decent thoughtfull angler. When i fished linear last year i felt out of place as i had jeans and a hoody on and everyone was wearing mainline tops or ccmoore or full camo it doesent make them better anglers though just prob got more money (they all blanked by the way and i had a last minuite pike from st jhons)

I have on occasion used a cam net as a blind whilst waiting for a margin fish to return along a patrol route......but to be fair...I still prefer to concentrate on movement....as for the actual cam being needed in general....if it floats your boat...go with it.....personally I KNOW its very possible to catch from under your tips whilst wearing white ....I own one rifle with a polished stainless steel barrel...and believe me when I say deer are FAR more skittish than carp :wink:

Just to add.....I dont have a problem with the whole realtree etc...mossy oak....original hardwoods blah blah......but they ARE ineffective as cam unless you are at major close range anyway.......they need to be bigger panels of colour at distance because small panels become muted :wink: ...i dont have any issues with blokes wearing them to feel part of something either....one of my regular customers is a carp fanatic...and i bump into him whilst shopping....wearing his tribal hoody etc.....this.....I dont understand....all smacks of "form before function"....not once have I seen a bloke in cam disguise his outline...THAT is THE major factor......wear it...be comfy in it.....but dont use the excuse that you NEED it :wink:

Is it just me that wears camouflage Y fronts when fishing...I thought we all did it :?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Y-fronts are so "last year", Phill.

My recently purchased Pringle sports shorts are made from Lycra....

Got to love that elasticated stuff. Cammo? Bring it on, I'll try that too.

Ian

I pinched this from Carp Conversations on FB:

253122_338125092970816_441820920_n_zps1d7c0c73.jpg

It matter not what alarms, just the urge to cover them in DPM.

Also on FB was a set of original Delkim Optonic conversions that had been 'trashed' by covering in DPM marking

I've got a few camo items. I didn't buy them because I thought they were going to make me invisible on the bank, I bought them because I liked them. If someone wants to spend their own money on something they like, what's the bloomin problem? It's up to themselves and don't have to answer to anybody for it. At the end of the day we buy off the tackle companies, they generally sell dark green, camo and whatever else, so your just going to buy what you fancy. That was a fair few years ago when I bought the camo stuff I did and I've now gone off it and buy plain green stuff. Again, buying it because I like it, not because I or anyone I'm sure believes its going to make them invisible on the bank.

If that we're the case I'd be buying clothes to match the colour of my sofa and sit there all night doing jack whenever I feel like it safe in the knowledge I can't be seen :lol:

Jan Porter used to wear a bright onesie when he was a match man.

Bob Nudd wore burgandy when he fished for Browning.

Steve Ringer can often be seen wearing blue and red.

I reckon they have caught more fish than any of us and probably at a closer range than we

fish to.

Camo is there to catch us and not the fish imo.