Not enjoyed a trip?

salokcinnodrog

Not enjoyed a trip?

I had that horror story happen to me today as I packed up, and I can't ever recall having that happen before.

I love fishing, fishing is my life, and sometimes probably comes before far more important things, to my shame :oops::?

The session itself I arrived and it was as if I hadn't prepared myself for properly as I discovered a few things that I had forgotten and left at home. :roll:

Things I could live without, but make life a bit simpler.

Time methinks to have a few trips for other things before the river season ends, maybe a few chub, possibly a pike trip and maybe back to the park lake and see if I can find Levi's perch which I'd almost forgotten about.

Anything just to get the thrill back :wink:

Have you ever been fishing and realised that you weren't enjoying what you were doing?

How do you cope with it?

my time on the bank is precious to me and even blanking is better than working shopping decorating and the usual everyday poo and i treat a blank as something learnt and not a wasted session,

i turned up at barston tried to get some bait in but boilies were 22mm but supposed to be 20mm so thought i'll just catty them out,that snapped at first attempt its wasn't the elastic but the frame :(

so thought well thats that i'll make myself a brew and have a rethink,as i lit my kettle the whole can of gas set alight inside my bivvy (scary poo) then my left hand rod went off for a 2lb snotty in the pouring rain,my point is i could not have had a worse start but i laughed it off and carried on and enjoyed the rest off weekend,

anyway after your last session nick you should still be buzzing :wink:

I am still buzzing from the January trip, that pretty much made my season, just this trip seemed a real back breaker, and I hadn't even put the space hopper in the rucksack (sorry Doug :P:lol: )

It was as I was packing up that it hit me I hadn't been enjoying what I was doing, and that things had gone so pear shaped.

The cold wind was in my face all trip, and since the last trip the fish had done a disappearing act again :?

On the last morning, Barnaby managed to knock a whole cup of freshly made coffee all over the bivvy.

It was just for some stupid reason I just didn't feel comfortable, and I couldn't put my finger on what I was doing wrong. When I arrived, and walked around the lake, no signs at all, and every day I walked the dogs around the lake looking for fish to move onto, nothing. Its as if the fish have just hidden up after my last trip as after that result a few more anglers have started fishing, and there have been no or very few fish out since.

As I said, time to think about the roach, chub and perch and maybe pike for a few weeks before I get my Nazeing head back on.

yep over the last 2 years or so i have really lost the love for my carp fishing mind you being beaten up and robbed on the bank 2 years ago may have something to do with it i still will not night fish and i got a ticket for a little group of lakes close to home with empty banks even on a weekend with no monster`s but has fish up to 28lbs or so. so should be paradise but i still don`t enjoy it maybe this year may be different but my mojo is well and truelly lost

i gotta admit 2 or 3 years ago i could easily have given up. i was getting to the lake and just sitting there wondering why i bothered. better now but tbh i just dont get the buzz now that i used to 4 or more years ago. i really hope to get it back soon

I tend to stow the carp gear away when I feel like that...get out the float tackle and head off for some farm pools etc....really back to basics...forget all the gear that carping requires...just good honest fishing....nothing quite like watching a quill float tilt and move away along a bed of pads etc......basic therapy

Hi Nick , do you not think that when you have a start to a year like you had in January it just makes it harder when you have a few days like you have just had , we all know how hard carp fishing can be at the best of times .Give it a few days and you will be planning the next one .

Hi Nick , do you not think that when you have a start to a year like you had in January it just makes it harder when you have a few days like you have just had , we all know how hard carp fishing can be at the best of times .Give it a few days and you will be planning the next one .

Thats a definite possible, but I think it was the annoyance of all the little things that went wrong that meant I struggled in my mind

My last few trips have been like this, i cant seem to find a water to settle on, i nearly always blank, this is just bad luck because i am a good angler, and know what im doing.

This year i will concentrate on fishing my muddy puddle local water, i always do okay on here and enjoy fishing it 8)

need to sort out whats happening with me an my lass, she usually comes with me on overnight sessions but i feel this is coming to an end

I visited a speci lake in Hampshire back in July last year.

On the run up to the day the weather had been ok, nothing spectacular, and I was really looking forward to it.

On the two days leading up to it, we hit a heatwave. Must have been the hottest 3 or 4 days of the year (remember them???).

Got to the lake, it must have been 90 degrees, not a breathe of wind. It was baking hot. Just sitting there in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt I was sweating buckets. I knew it wasn't going to be fun. My only hope was that it cooled down enough during the night to bring the fish on. It didn't. Total waste of time. The Missus was with me, so I had company. But I knew as soon as I turned up at the water it was going to be a no goer. I couldn't wait to get away from there....

Went back a couple of months later. We had a monsoon and blowing a gale. Somebody is trying to tell me something

:roll::roll::roll: