What do I do when 2 rods go off?

nathanhuynh

During my summer fishing (esspecialy zig fishing) my rods seem to be getting line bites together and it is probably only a matter of time until they both go off!! What do I do when this happens because I fish alone so have no mate to pick up the other rod!! thankyou

Again quite easy :wink:

Hit the first take and play the fish, when the second goes hit it lay the rod on the ground with the bail arm open.

Then, get on your knees and pray to God, Alah, the Sun and the moon and any other god you can think of for your good fortune, TWO takes, I should be so lucky. :D

During my summer fishing (esspecialy zig fishing) my rods seem to be getting line bites together and it is probably only a matter of time until they both go off!! What do I do when this happens because I fish alone so have no mate to pick up the other rod!! thankyou

Again quite easy :wink:

Hit the first take and play the fish, when the second goes hit it lay the rod on the ground with the bail arm open.

Then, get on your knees and pray to God, Alah, the Sun and the moon and any other god you can think of for your good fortune, TWO takes, I should be so lucky. :D

Also what some people do is set up two landing nets if theres a chance of double hook ups. Then you can just net the first fish then go straight to playing the other and then using the other net. It just saves having to unhook the first fish or trying to net the second fish with a fish already in the net.

if I just leave the baitrunner or bail arm open on one rod whilst playing a fish on the other surely the fish would just snag me up. :?::?:
very unlikely...once the pressure is off a fish stops running :idea::wink:

Its happened to me once in thirty years of carping so I wouldnt worry too much...unless you are fishing extremely heavily stocked waters

Simples if you can,t handle 2 rods fish with one. Looking at flaxlands who would want to fish more than one rod any how.

I,ve had 2 on at once couple of times and managed to handle ok. even had 3 once in the middle of a thunder storm don,t know who was wettest me or the fish but coped. :o

How things change though water I am on at present Had one carp in 150 nights :):wink: But hey its lovely to be there 8)

• 8 years later...
On 16/02/2013 at 20:43, nathanhuynh said:

flaxlands mate, I only go there when I am tired out of my mind of putting in full effort and not getting a single bite and just want to catch a bucketload of carp, but when I do go there somtimes I get minor indication on one rod whilst getting a take on the other...

This happened to me last week and as someone else has said lay the rod on ground and as in my case stand on the rod 👍 the fish did stop running I managed to unhook the first then get the second in and unhooked 😁 I do have to say I was slightly out of breath and heart was pumping ten to the dozen lol , 2 fags and a coffee later I was just about calmed down