Jim Shelley

LACarper

Yes delete him, where abouts are you located

do you know newbury in berkshire? thats where i live.

keep your eyes open for a white haired chap with 2 german pointers in the last week of the river season.

You might just bump into me

really do you live in newbury?

Sorry for the late reply, I do not live in Newbury but when I am fishing in the area I stay nearby at enborne street, nr Newbury.

I am here right now, fishing at ewhurst when the weather allows :twisted:

Now I dont know him and im not sticking up for him

However if a post has been made about nick or anyone else on previous occasions then its been deleted straight away.

Whatever jim has done surely this is classed as bullying, everyone slagging him off?

No matter what he's done its fishing.

If it was you in his situation then you wouldnt want this sureley?

Power behind a keyboard is nothing. And it seems like when any critism is given back then it's deleted straight away

This thread should be deleted

Havent posted for a while,but couldnt just watch this thread without backing nicks comments(who i have no connection to). i work within the angling trade and allthough ive not had first hand experience with the cow pat myself,i know of many others who have!

i have a friend who owns a well known fishery nr essex,a while ago he decided to book mr shelly up for a couple of days for some angling tuition,as hadnt been carping for a few seasons and felt he needed a bit of a refresher course! all booked up,my mate arranged to meet him at farlows, but found that jim offered little tuition and "it seamed my mate had just paid to watch him fish"?? needless to say my mate wasnt too happy and told him where to go. in the following weeks my mates phone was swamped with prank calls threatening messages and so on untill he had enough and changed his number,turns out mr shelly had posted he phone number somewhere online-- :twisted:

This guy is not an angler,he has no respect for others or nature and will do whatever it takes to get his capture/ugly mug in the limelight.

yeah the bloke catches a few,but who wouldnt with access to the waters hes on,the amount of time he has availible to fish, and a sponsership deal???

dosent take a genius to work out this guys bad for the sport when the likes of rob hughes,chilly say so,just go read his facebook page if you still not convinced,but iam sure his army of sheep will still hang on his everyword.

think its about time mr shelly was removed from the carping rags as hes certainly no role modle for our younger generation!

wish you well nick as imagine your in for a similar time to my mate.(just hope he dosent have your phone number) :lol:

Penker,

I've taken the trouble to keep quiet about many of JS's antics, although someone else has brought some of them up, I could quite easily fill a lot more posts. Now JS has been shown that he is not the perfect angel he seems.

No posts have been deleted, and none get deleted just for disagreeing with any views, whether mine or other; what does get deleted is when they resort to insults or swearing. He has been banned on here in the past for swearing, insults, harassment, and more than once, and it wasn't me who did ban him. If he could post without any of those, then he would have had the chance to stand up for himself, but unfortunately, he can't.

Now what JS has said on his FB. page I have read, and it has already been reported to FB (not just by me incidentally), as that counts as harassment and insults.

nick, i agree mate. the bloke is a bully and not far short of a thug yet has numerous followers for some weird reason. i think the time has come to lock this and maybe even get rid? up to you though mate?

• 9 months later...

I have unlocked this thread, for a specific reason being that Jim Shelley has been and lost one of his tackle consultancy jobs:

This is from Facebook, and Mike Willmotts Timeline:

Mike Willmott

Thanks to all those who contributed on here last night after the news broke that Jim Shelley had finally got his comeuppance and was sacked. For professional reasons I removed it in the end because I didn't realise there was so much hatred towards the bloke (even though it was of course all his own making). Have a nice day everyone

Now of course if we can keep it clean what does think mean to him, fishing and what is happening within the sport?

Care to elaborate for the rest if us?

Sticky Baits

12 hours ago

As we’re sure many of you will be aware, there was a recent incident involving Jim Shelley. This has now resulted in us parting ways with the big fish angler.

This in no way has anything to do with Jim’s angling ability, as he is undoubtedly one of the countries finest carp anglers. He was at the forefront of our introduction of the Krill to the market, having had phenomenal results.

Unfortunately, as a company we cannot condone these actions and have been left with no other choice but to part company.

Good on Sticky for binning him... Sorry, but I honestly think that Jim Shelley has for years brought angling into a bad light. Having met and fished on the same waters and him in the past and been on the receiving end of his threats I would purposely avoid companies that he had deals with. I may now consider using Sticky Baits as a company now that JS is no longer with them... His fishing examples are awful, his attitude is only nice when he wants something, and when you get to know him properly he is an ignorant high voiced idiot. He does not care for other anglers, and has been banned from various high profile waters down to bad angling practice, unsafe fishing, ignorance and threatening those he didn't like or wouldn't give way to 'Mr Big' (himself). The sooner he slips down the column inches and away from angling the better...

So how many more top brands is he involved with? I can't help but think you will never knock him out of the public domain completely because of his undeniable success. puting aside his extremely poor conduct, many people will be blinded by this. Thats the way psychology works unfortunatly.

he will be around carp angling for a long while yet. for one bait/tackle firm that gets rid of him another will snap him up. like him or loathe him, he catches fish full stop. yes by ways and means that others find most shocking due to his lack off respect for others etc. but if your say a small bait/tackle firm trying to get off the ground or more into the public eye, he will do that for you. he has loads of little followers with money to burn so it seems. there's already one bait firm rumoured to be looking to sponsor him already.

Funny I was only talking about him today to someone that I think has met him a few times ,he agreed with me that the man is a pig,but he went on to say that his watercraft is unbelieveable,he said he could see things that most people would miss.Where I used to fish there were a couple of brothers that were proper idiots and if you saw their car parked there most people went elsewhere, Hmm I wonder