dents of hilgay norfolk

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum. I havent fished at Dents but after having an internet recce I would start with pellets and paste in the margins, then start feeding an area about three or four sections out with pellets and fish shallow gradually going deeper until you find the fish. Remember if you feed large amounts they will be near the deck but if you feed low amounts they will move up in the water to intercept the pellets before their mates. Alternative baits corn and meat. Dont forget to pop into the shop and get info from them too.

Its going to be colder at the weekend so wrap up warm.

fished the bottom lakes twice during Xmas break. Fishing the method was very patchy...had 3 carp ,some f1s and bream on the Thursday after Xmas and last Saturday had 20 carp, in January, it was mad, not counting a handful of bream and f1s. Nothing huge but a bent rod was much appreciated.

As for top lake i think small ones have been being caught to the matchmen, pellet would be my first choice if someone held a gun to my head and made me use a pole...