Chod Baiting

lupouluke

Well let me start by saying. I Have no experience with fishing a shod because all of my fishing i have been able to use other rigs and setups that have worked really well for me. I just joined my new syndicate water and it a really dated lake with a lot of foliage coverage as well as it is fully tree lined. There is a lot of leaves and silt all over the bottom even the known bars are covered in the stuff. So I think I'm going to try the chod rig. Ive been tying them up for about 2 months and I'm confident with the safety and the presentation of the rigs now i just need to apply them to my fishing. I know there are many ways to bait over the top of this ... So my question is ...

What is the most effective way of baiting over the top of a chod rig presentation wise ?

Yeah ive thought about that one but im not an all boilie angler i like to bait up with particles. but saying that I'm guessing they would sit on the shod too. I was thinking more about getting the bait out there too whats the best way im fishing around 50 yards into a snag

• 2 weeks later...

if using the chod i would avoid particles. you will be getting the fish to stuff there heads in the silt to hoover up hemp etc and ur chod rig will be sitting 2" or whatever up in the water and will be ignored. a wide scattering of boilies is your best bet. id avoid chod rig all together if snag fishing anyhow as u will be in for a hard fight trying to get fish away from snag and the angle from a "bomb on the end of a line rig" wouldnt be great. id use a lead clip with a light lead and long hooklink.

why not stick to the rigs that have been working so well for you. Dont let abit of silt and debris make you change something thats been working for you. i use the same rigs everyware igo on weedy, silty, or hard bottom ill just change the legthof the rig. balac e out the bait more.

At least dont change all your rods over try the chod on one maybe but if something isnt broke dont fix it.

why not stick to the rigs that have been working so well for you. Dont let abit of silt and debris make you change something thats been working for you. i use the same rigs everyware igo on weedy, silty, or hard bottom ill just change the legthof the rig. balac e out the bait more.

At least dont change all your rods over try the chod on one maybe but if something isnt broke dont fix it.

I would agree with Liam on this one, I think if your rigs are working stick with them. I've never been keen on the chod rig for various reasons, I think the fish can lose the baited hook really easily and they can do it without giving any indication on the buzzers. A lead clip with a longer hook link works well in silt or chod and gives much better hooking and indication. Try to find out how deep the silt is by tying a bit of white wool on the lead and along the line and cast it into the silt. if you leave it in there for about 10 minutes it will stain the wool and tell you how deep it is then you can adjust your hooklength accordingly.