Unwanted Visitors

peteblount

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was living in Somerset. Nick and I did a bit on a lake in bridgwater. I was baiting up one night in the summer and only went to the lake in me flip flops.

I was in on the far margin which was overgrown. Had the bucket between my feet, chucking the bait in under the overhanging tree.

I felt a sharp pain in the ankle. I thought it was a bramble or nettle perhaps. Didn't think twice, until I bent down to get the next handful and saw the adder next to my foot. I must have got to close for comfort for it!

When I was living in Somerset. Nick and I did a bit on a lake in bridgwater. I was baiting up one night in the summer and only went to the lake in me flip flops.

I was in on the far margin which was overgrown. Had the bucket between my feet, chucking the bait in under the overhanging tree.

I felt a sharp pain in the ankle. I thought it was a bramble or nettle perhaps. Didn't think twice, until I bent down to get the next handful and saw the adder next to my foot. I must have got to close for comfort for it!

i take it you ended up in hospital nige?

:shock: I've disturbed a few adders when I was working on a friends farm years ago, I ran one way and I reckon the adders scarpered the other thankfully! I've seen grass snakes swimming as well which is a bit weird wasn't sure what they were at first till they got really close!!

you can rest assured i will be taking every precaution possible.... ammonia/vinegar. peppermint oil. peeing around the bivvy and a maaahhhooosive mallet i would take the dog but he would not only keep the rolands away he wouldnt let anyone else near the pool either. hmmm now theres a thought lol

are you sure this night fishing malarkeys for you Pete :roll::lol::wink:

i know mate lol, but if i dont try it and overcome these fears then i will never do it and im sure im missing out by not doing it

you can rest assured i will be taking every precaution possible.... ammonia/vinegar. peppermint oil. peeing around the bivvy and a maaahhhooosive mallet i would take the dog but he would not only keep the rolands away he wouldnt let anyone else near the pool either. hmmm now theres a thought lol

i know mate lol, but if i dont try it and overcome these fears then i will never do it and im sure im missing out by not doing it

chainmail/suit of armour :?::lol:

Guest keenook

chainmail/suit of armour :?::lol:

Half length boots, and baggy combats may help! :o

I had a bloke try tellin me I need to move out his swim, he's been baiting it for weeks blah blah blah, you know the usual stuff. Went on all day to the point where he cast over both my rods twice! So before I left I walked round and told him I'd saved the peg for him, this peg is known very well with mr ratus so to get me own back for him pestering the life out of me all day about when I was going, I spread about 2k of micro pellet that were starting to turn bad all over the peg. I enquired if he Planned fishing anywhere else on the lake which I got a stern answer of NO! I went back a couPle days later and lets just say he used to have cork handles... :lol:

I had a bloke try tellin me I need to move out his swim, he's been baiting it for weeks blah blah blah, you know the usual stuff. Went on all day to the point where he cast over both my rods twice! So before I left I walked round and told him I'd saved the peg for him, this peg is known very well with mr ratus so to get me own back for him pestering the life out of me all day about when I was going, I spread about 2k of micro pellet that were starting to turn bad all over the peg. I enquired if he Planned fishing anywhere else on the lake which I got a stern answer of NO! I went back a couPle days later and lets just say he used to have cork handles... :lol:

A nice bag of dead mackeral or some meat under the bivvy also works a treat :wink::twisted:

salok - I had to think on me feet and I thought hali-pellet would be the best thing I had in me bag! lol

If its in the summer I tend to just take a hammock and risk getting wet, Ive never once been bothered by a rat and touch wood never been rained on yet, the other fellas down the pond think im bonkas but at the end of the day if I need to pack down and move I can, which isnt common practise at the lake, most are static and wait for them to come round.

Iberiancarpa has proper things to worry about!!! Although I once brought a black widow spider in to show me mom and dad when i was 6. Found it in the garden and caught it with a jam jar!