Rainbow Lake Burstwick

So im planning on doing a week session here some time next year when it warms up atad. I have done a couple of night sessions here before and 1 48 hour session and on all occasions i have blanked other then the 48 where me and a friend managed to bag up on perch on the good old float rod but in the case of a carp we blanked.

The swim we fished was 15, which we nicknamed Perch peg because of all the perch we caught the swim has depths of up to 18ft

I dont know what it is about this place what keeps me going back because all the people i know that fish there they have all blanked i suppose its the scenary its relaxing and the atmosphere is just what you need to fish every swim is enclosed by trees which is what i like when i go fishing you carnt really see anyone else on the lake other then if someone is directly opposite you, the only sign of anyone else on the lake is the bailiff (john) when he does his rounds and occasionally he comes to talk to you hes a really nice guy among all the places i have fished i would say hes the friendliest bailiff i have met , now i know theres fish in there as i have seen tons of pictures on the site ( http://www.rainbowlake.co.uk/category/gallery ) going up to about 26lb .

The lake overall is well looked after and you can tell he loves what he is doing i really wish i could attatch some pics to this post as me talking about it doesnt get accross how lovely i think this place is but unfortunatly i dont have pics of this venue and i suppose you carnt capture what im trying to say in pictures you have to be there to look around it to truely understand what i mean.

Tight lines

Adam

• 5 months later...

Hi the best chances of catching at rainbow are to use surface baits when it's sunny, or I know the boilies that they sell there work well. The better swims are 1,4,19,21. I'm going for a couple of days tomorrow ill let you know how I get on, and got to get a breakfast in the morning they're good! I really like the lake scenic but hard to catch John the bailiff is a nice bloke and the fish I have seen been caught have been immaculate as they take very good care of the fish and the lake

Hi the best chances of catching at rainbow are to use surface baits when it's sunny, or I know the boilies that they sell there work well. The better swims are 1,4,19,21. I'm going for a couple of days tomorrow ill let you know how I get on, and got to get a breakfast in the morning they're good! I really like the lake scenic but hard to catch John the bailiff is a nice bloke and the fish I have seen been caught have been immaculate as they take very good care of the fish and the lake

yeah i heard that pegs 1-6 where the best as for the boilies he sells there i havent tried them so i couldnt comment on them but it would make sense to use these as that is what he feeds the lake on, yeah john is a really nice bloke and looks after the lake and the fish as you said they are immaculate.

I havent being other then to walk around a couple of weeks ago since i wrote this post keep meaning to go back but something keeps popping up or for lack of funds.

Dont suppose you could reply back to this post and let us know how you got on could you. Would really like to pull some big fish out of there abit of knowledge never hurt.