Lake to lease midlands

Hi to all,

As the title suggests i am looking for a lake to lease in the midlands, i want to create a specimen carp fishery stocked with top quality english fish.

So if anybody hears that a match club are giving up a lease or any other lake leases that come available, i would greatly appreciate you letting me know.

Ive been looking for 18 months now and enquired about a lot of potential sites but to no avail, i found out about beaver pool this year but they had already decided who to give it to, great shame as this could have become a great carp fishery!

Thanks in advance for any information.

That lease is ridiculous. You would need 100 season ticket members and sell over 4 day tickets EVERY day, just to break even.

The price is ridiculous too. Sapphire in Newark is for sale currently. It has two lakes and a 4 bed property on it and it's only £650k

Yes i looked into willesley a while back, its out of my price range and the lease is outrageous for a lake that hasnt been stocked for 14 yrs, plus you take on the liability of the dam which could be very costly should any problems arise.

A lovely lake though, could do with desilting too.

Hanson donated dozens of great gravel pits along the tame valley to the RSPB 200+ acres, such a shame the RSPB hate Anglers

Im really looking for a lease rather than to buy ive explored buying with a few banks but they dont like lending on fisheries?

Thanks for all your replies though, when i do find one it will become a top class carp lake, and i will look after anyone that helps along the way.

Hi to all,

Ive been looking for 18 months now and enquired about a lot of potential sites but to no avail, i found out about beaver pool this year but they had already decided who to give it to, great shame as this could have become a great carp fishery!

Hands off Beaver Pool! Several of us like it just as it is, thanks. There is no shame whatsoever.

Ian

I remembered seeing this a while back: http://www.bidwells-hanson-portfolio.co.uk/lot16b.html

For sale not lease, but not an outrageous amount of money...

These have been for sale for over a year, the resident angling clubs are protected by the landlord and tenancy act and they have no intention of moving on.

Thanks for the tip though!

• 3 weeks later...
just wondered if you had made any progress in your search to lease a lake ? i have 2 lakes in the midlands area Evesham and thats my life now runnung the 2 ! if you ever what a chat or any advice them pm me always willing to help !!

specimen lakes or pleasure lakes?

just wondered if you had made any progress in your search to lease a lake ? i have 2 lakes in the midlands area Evesham and thats my life now runnung the 2 ! if you ever what a chat or any advice them pm me always willing to help !!

Rookery meadow if memory serves :wink:

Rookery meadow if memory serves :wink:

Hello stranger how you doing?

• 9 years later...

Hello,

We are the new owners of Clifton Lakes ( Rugby) and we are looking for a tenant, business fishing professional to able to lease the lakes from me for at least a couple of years. Many years ago, when my father owned it, it was a very successful fishery with many booked matches and completions, the place was booming! I believe their are 11 lakes in total with the River Avon surrounding it.

Please could you contact me if you your interested or know anybody that would be interested.

Thank you

Elaine Turley 

7 hours ago, Elaine Turley said:

Hello,

We are the new owners of Clifton Lakes ( Rugby) and we are looking for a tenant, business fishing professional to able to lease the lakes from me for at least a couple of years. Many years ago, when my father owned it, it was a very successful fishery with many booked matches and completions, the place was booming! I believe their are 11 lakes in total with the River Avon surrounding it.

Please could you contact me if you your interested or know anybody that would be interested.

Thank you

Elaine Turley 

hmm,  the lakes used to have the reputation of not being carp angler friendly, also you would need to relax the no dogs rule and i would fish there tried to join years ago but wouldn't allow me to take my dog, i don't always take him but more often than not he comes.  you would be better off running them yourselves or even better using the largest lake as a membership only 24 hour fishing.