my own boilies

nickadees

The one thing I do do at times is make my own high attract pop-ups.

I have a few combinations that I like that I know work really well, but aren't fashionable, so I have to make them myself.

thats one thing i have'nt mastered nick tbh i wouldnt know where to start with pop ups

im terrible for homemade pop ups. doing 1 egg mixes of different colours/flavours etc. i myself use the richworth pop up mix which i find simple to use. you can boil them or pan them. boiling them makes them swell up a fair bit so for the last 6 months ive been panning them, not only do they stay the same size but hold there bouyancy so much better

I have a few combinations that I like that I know work really well, but aren't fashionable, so I have to make them myself.

thats one thing i have'nt mastered nick tbh i wouldnt know where to start with pop ups

im terrible for homemade pop ups. doing 1 egg mixes of different colours/flavours etc. i myself use the richworth pop up mix which i find simple to use. you can boil them or pan them. boiling them makes them swell up a fair bit so for the last 6 months ive been panning them, not only do they stay the same size but hold there bouyancy so much better

sorry to sound like a noddy but what is "panning" i usually boil mine but now use a steamer keeps the goodness in

sorry to sound like a noddy but what is "panning" i usually boil mine but now use a steamer keeps the goodness in

A hot frying pan, drop the rolled baits in, and keep them moving around the pan as they cook to stop them burning.

Although I do that, and have flavoured them in the egg, I also give them an extra dose of flavour/essential oil combination after cooking before storing them.

If you've go it right there is no need to store them in the freezer either. Just keep them in a tub or sealed plastic bag in the tackle bag.

A hot frying pan, drop the rolled baits in, and keep them moving around the pan as they cook to stop them burning.

Although I do that, and have flavoured them in the egg, I also give them an extra dose of flavour/essential oil combination after cooking before storing them.

If you've go it right there is no need to store them in the freezer either. Just keep them in a tub or sealed plastic bag in the tackle bag.

same as me nick, after ive pan cooked them i then add some extra flavour to the finished bait and as you rightly say store them in a tub ,no need to freeze them. the positive side of doing your own pop ups is endless though. for e.g if you were to buy a pineapple pop up then 99 times out of 100 they are yellow. now personnally i prefer a white pop up in winter but i like pineapple or pineapple/n-butyric combo so by doing my own i can have the flavour i want in the colour i want etc.