Amnesia Black

rusty1664

Evening Gents,

I was tying up some boom sections for hinged stiff rigs last night using Amnesia black 20lb. When putting the boom under tension to bed home the knots using a couple of rig pullas i noticed that sections of the amnesia had become discoloured and almost translucent. I wasnt exactly yanking hard on the booms either but I'm now wondering if I've done permanent damage to the rig. Anyone else had this happen before?

Evening Gents,

I was tying up some boom sections for hinged stiff rigs last night using Amnesia black 20lb. When putting the boom under tension to bed home the knots using a couple of rig pullas i noticed that sections of the amnesia had become discoloured and almost translucent. I wasnt exactly yanking hard on the booms either but I'm now wondering if I've done permanent damage to the rig. Anyone else had this happen before?

It comes off the spool like that. I use black Amnesia myself as a shockleader for my Marker and Spod set-up, and I've noticed a few clear or lighter patches as it comes off the spool.

It doesn't appear any weaker than the "proper" stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I use it loads and to be honest if your using it for hinge booms try it in 12lb. It does discolour as your stretch it and stays like that but I don't have them snap on me. If you need a little more security you can use 15lb but with 20lb you end up with a rig which does not fish as effectively and can often end up with the rig presented poorley due to being too stiff. A little finesse in your rigs goes a long long way. :lol: