etang Damvillers

jandb

hy guys, i am going to damvillers in october and i need all the good tips on the best swims and rigs and stuff. I've paid 4 the food and i was just wondering is it any good. I've talked to Allan and he sounds like he knows his stuff.

Thanks guys :D

hy guys, i am going to damvillers in october and i need all the good tips on the best swims and rigs and stuff. I've paid 4 the food and i was just wondering is it any good. I've talked to Allan and he sounds like he knows his stuff.

Thanks guys :D

PM me late September.......I am there from September 1st to the 8th. Party of 6 have lake fully booked. Hopefully we will have caught em all :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

off to damvillers last week in august, 5 of us have lake to ourselves, also have booked the food? will let you know what its like!!!!!!!!!!!

probably fishing stench as main bait but will have to see.

will post results when i get back, but pm me in sept. if you want any info

cheers :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I had a great week. 5@ 30lb+. 2@ 40lb+ and best of all 2@ 50lb+.

The lake is very nice, helpful bailiff and owners. I would definately go again.

BFG.

Remarkable catch BFG - well done.

Would love to see pictures.

thanks to grubby for putting the pictures up. Just thought i would let you know that all my fish were caught with the house bait namely the carp company's icelandic red/caviar and cranberry. 18mm hard hookbait with the 18 &14mmm freebies, with the lakes own food pellet and with some matching flavour pellet too. I will be happy to give you any more feedback.

Adam and John (part owner) reckoned they were ready to spawn pretty soon but no not spawned yet. Can't really comment on the sores as I don't yet know enough about that kind of thing, most of the fish i had were in good nick, especially the commons and the other fish that came out all seemed to be pretty good.

Yes, Adam was very helpful and chatty. as you say a decent enough chap.

Just thought I would drop a note in to say, fished same week as bfggiant on the point swim, used icelandic red tipped with fake corn, with small bags of pellet and boilie with the solar quick change back system, worked really well, had 3 40's at 49 1/2,40 1/4, 44, 3 30's at 37 1/2, 32 1/2, 31 with 2 commons at 29 3/4 (so close!) & 27, total of 16 fish in total (if you count the small ones).

Margins at night are a must, with regular trickling of bait during the day, plus i found that fishing 3 rods during the day at varying distances you will hit the fish and clip up on that as even 10 yds over wont get you on the fish, Night was most productive for fish on my visit, but I did have the 2 biggest at 8am and 11am.

Can't recommend enough, fished in france for the last 3 years and this is by far the best place have visited or read about.

Any other info required let me know.

Guest jandb1

hi guys could anybody tell me about rigs and stuff ive heard that icelandic red boiles are the best bait from allan and have they changed the baliff. im going there octber 27th for 7 days and have booked the food.

cheers guys many thanx :D:D

It depends on which swim you fish, I would get a feel for whats in front of you, because there is a lot of silt about, but not that deep in places, plus there are gravel bars following the inlet round to the fingers opposite the house. Just be confident with what you put out and talk to Allan about the bait a week or two before you go, I know that the week we were there we all fished icelandic red and had 38 fish between us, but there were another 2 guys there that were using mainline bait and unfotunately only had 3 fish between them, the guys that fished the week after us only had 10 fish, again they were using mainline.

Allan or John will walk you round the lake before you fish and draw for swims, so they are obviously the ones that can give you the low down on all the swims.

Both bfggiant and myself were using bottom baits in shallow silt.

Let me know if you need anything else.

• 2 months later...
Guest jandb1

so is worth fishing the icelandic red 18ml frozen single hookbait(dipped in smelly) in a pva bag with feed pellet and chopped 18ml and 14ml boilies.????

THANX

o i forgot grubby do u go to cdas ??