genesis lake

realgap

hi all,just a quick message about my trip to genesis lake,one word AWESOME,i had 30 fish in a week totaling 641 lb of carp the biggest being 34 lb,i also had 18 fish over 20 lb and 12 fish over 24lb.my pb was 24 lb before i left for france,i would just like to mention eddy & val who were superb hosts and val is an excellent cook,eddy is very forthcoming with advice about how to fish the lake so dont be shy asking him for info,now i know alot of carp anglers are mad about taking their own boillies,cell boillies are very popular but in my opinion and its only my opinion you will not go wrong with eddys fresh crab +maple and tiger nut & scopex 20 mm boillies and at £7.50 a kilo they are value for money.plus they work,i will be going back next year and cant wait. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• 7 months later...

its nice to see people enjoying their selves over at genesis, what a lovely place it is. It's gonna be late next year before i can get over again, but sure as eggs are eggs i'm going!. It will be nice to just sit in the beautiful surroundings of genesis , with the bonus of catching a few carp (maybe eh, lol!).Most of all it will be nice to see my friends again, Eddy and Val. lovely people , lovely lake, what more could anyone want?

take care you two

best regards ..john :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I couldn't agree more, me and 2 mates have just come back from a week at Genesis. After a bit of a slow start I finished up on 18 fish which included an absolutely stunning 8lb fully scaled mirror, 6 between 13 and 20lb, 10 between 20 and 30lb and a new p.b. of 34lb,. One of my mates had 19 fish up to 34lb Beating his p.b. twice. My other mate had 20 fish including the biggest of the week 36lb equalling his p.b. (from genesis last year). All the fish caught through out the week were a mixture of mirrors, commons and we even had a couple of koi. It was the third year running we've been over to Genesis and I must say that the hospitality that we recieve from Eddy and Val is second to none, the food is excellent and the onsite advice you get from Eddy is well worth a listen, without it one of my pals would have really struggled as he was only using boilies, Eddy suggested he use their pellets and maize and fish his boilies over the top. We all took our own boilies and as always we used some of their boilies (the crab and maple and tiger nut and scopex) along with their pellets and maize. Definately going back next year, booked up before we left for home. :D

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...